Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Set user's default domain (for their email address)
  •  
prelog

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

I'm running Kerio Connect 7.4.3 build 7813, and we have one email domain (with many aliases), linked to one Active Directory domain.

Another company is joining a ranks, and since their users weren't already using Active Directory, we created their accounts in our AD domain.

Here's the issue: we want them to be able to keep their old email address's domain (the user name isn't important).

I've looked through the documentation, looking for ways to set a default email address domain other than the primary domain, tried adding a separate email domain, and linking it to the existing Active Directory domain, but Kerio doesn't seem to differentiate between the two -- I get roughly the same list of users.

To repeat: I'm looking for way to set the user's default email address domain component, server-side to one of the domain aliases.

Obviously, we can change that some of the time in various email clients, on different devices, but not everywhere. Is there a solution at the source, right in the user's account configuration?

Thanks for any ideas,
Paul
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

If you are mapping from one AD domain to two e-mail domains, of course you will get exactly the same users in both e-mail domains. What you should have done was create specific Organizational Unit (OU) on your AD and map only this OU in Kerio:
http://kb.kerio.com/290

But you are right that default 'From:' address is fully controlled by client, not server. So it is just matter of login name to Kerio.

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
prelog

Well, that's perfect, because they are in a separate OU; that link is exactly what I needed, thank you so much.

Sometimes, however, we can't control the client. I've been doing some testing, and I've found that the Kerio Active Directory user account attribute « kerio-Mail-Preferred-Address » gets me very, very close to what I'm looking for. However, if I can get to it from the server, that's even better. Thanks again.
  •  
prelog

Well, after a superficial try, the instructions linked to above don't work: though Kerio does report the correct number of users in the the specified Active Directory OU, it appends the name of the OU to the Kerberos 5 domain name, prepends it to the Active Directory domain name (where I select that the Active Directory domain name is different than the email domain name) and to the user name used to authenticate in the domain. If I correct the changes in the Administration interface, I lose my custom LDAP mapping in the config file ("mailserver.cfg").

I'll try tomorrow to see if it's me not following step 1 correctly, "Configure Active Directory mapping according to our manual".

Previous Topic: Shared Calendars on iPhone Configuration Utility
Next Topic: missing emails for some mailboxes uring outlook
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:48:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00380 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.