Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Delayed dial for some extensions
  •  
pvakh

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

After setting up Kerio operator, users started to complain that some extensions have delay (5-10 seconds) before phone starts to ring. It does not happen with all extensions.
After some testing, I figured out that it happens only with two digit extension that have the first digit the same as the first digit in three digit extensions.
For example, if you setup 3XX extension, then all 3X extension will have delay. Once I removed all 3XX extensions, all 3X started to ring without delay. The only problem is that I still have delay with 1X extension, even though I have no 1XX.

I wonder if there is a way to control how long system can wait for full extension to be dialed, before it starts to ring. In other words, how long should I allow system to wait for user to dial phone number or extension.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

the Operator doesn't wait, the phones do. They wait usually 3-5 seconds before dialing the number to let you enter all the digits.

When you use auto-provisioning (screen phones) the phones are provisioned with a dialplan. A dialplan basically tells them that when a number starts with a "3" it will be followed by only one digit. A phone can then dial straight away skipping the inter-digit timeout.

When you have a 30 and 310 numbers in your dialplan, the phones have to wait for all three digits before dialing.

You can:
a) Review the Dialplan screen in Operator and make sure there are no 1xx or 1... numbers there
b) Modify the phones' dialplan to fit your needs. Either by their web administration or by modifying the provisioning files
c) Lower the phones' interdigit timers. Note that your users might not be quick enough to enter all digits when dialing.

If you think that the dialplan is not generated correctly, please:
1. Enable the provisioning debug log (right click on the debug log screen)
2. Restart some of the phones, wait few minutes
3. Download a support info file (link at the bottom of the System Health screen)
4. Download the phone configuration (right click on a phone and select "Download original configuration")
5. Email everything to fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com

Best
Filip

Previous Topic: Block specific IP addresses
Next Topic: Voicemail greetings - reset by extension
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:40:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.