Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Echo on incoming analog lines (Incoming calls have bad echo)
  •  
GazzaBot

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We have 2 Digium cards connected to our Operator system.

The B410 ISDN card is Outgoing only via Paton switch on ADSL router - working fine.

The TM410 analog card is Incoming only (for now) connected to our national telecoms provider, Telkom, via 4 analog lines - Echo Echo Echo - its bad.

The caller echo's to himself - we echo to ourself - we do not here each other echo.

So as I speak my voice reverbs back to me and the same for the person calling us.

If anyone can help us resolve this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Gary
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

If both parties hear the echo, it could be some impedance problem on the analog line. You use the word "reverb", so is it a "short" echo?

What is the PSTN network topology between you and the other party? All analog? Or is it converted to digital after the first mile? What happens if you connect a standard analog phone to the line?

Vladimir
  •  
silars

Did the Digium cards include the echo cancellers? If I remember correctly, that is an optional component.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You are right, the HW echo canceler can be attached to the card. But it is useful mainly with the analog, "short" echo (up to 128/256 ms).

[Updated on: Tue, 30 April 2013 15:01]

•  
GazzaBot

Thanks for the input.

The echo does vary from different callers so I assume some calls are all analog, others digital to analog.

I have enquired about echo cancellation module for the card - it would appear that it is an option and if so we will purchase one and then feedback on this issue later.

The echo is a short echo - as you speak you re-hear what you have said - almost like a stutter.

Thanks
Gary
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The echo canceller can solve the echo problem for you but not for the remote party.

You mentioned the remote party heard an echo as well, so there might be some real impedance problem on the local loop.

Vladimir
  •  
silars

I have found remote callers experiencing echo effects from the use of speakerphones. Would be interesting to see if that is a variable as well.

I must say though, Vlad, that I've seen remote echo induced by a local echo canceller (Cisco SPA3102). I don't have any hands on experience with the Digiums. Been waiting for that AEX support Smile.
  •  
GazzaBot

The echo canceller has solved our internal problem.

In the test I did to my mobile phone I did experience a slight echo on the mobile but on my Operator handset the echo was gone.

We are now using it live and tests done by my colleague seem to indicate that the problem is solved for both ends.

Thanks for all the assistance.
Gary
Previous Topic: Kerio Softphone - Service Unavailable 503 - Dialplan Configuration
Next Topic: Operator 2.1.0 loses interfaces
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 20:57:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00505 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.