Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » SIP Interface sip server option?
  •  
billbrigg

Send a private message to this user
Okay, I am new to Operator but I have been involved with SIP for a number of years.

This question is about configuration options for Operator SIP Interfaces.

Typically a SIP endpoint has options for a server and a proxy.

For example, Polycom calls them "server" and "outboundproxy". Cisco (for the 7940 and 7960 phones) calls them "proxy1_address" and "outbound_proxy". When fqdns are in use, the server name is NOT resolved, the proxy name is resolved.

I cannot find the equivalent settings in Operator. There is a proxy and a registrar, if I use a fqdn for either of these Operator attempts to resolve the name.

I thought maybe the "User ID differs from from number" option would allow me to specify the user name as PhoneNumber<_at_>servername, however, I get a format error.

I did look in the Admin doc and found no references to this topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  •  
silars

I'm not sure that makes much sense. FQDNs *must* be resolved, that's the whole point. An FQDN is merely a human readable process for handling IPs.

Perhaps you are alluding to something else?

My Polycoms appear to resolve all FQDNs, in limited testing.

Do you have any packet captures to show the issue?
  •  
billbrigg

Okay, if I use the term "host portion" instead of "fqdn" does it make more sense?
  •  
silars

Please understand, I'm not trying to be picky for the sake of being picky. I just believe your problem is elsewhere, not hostname or FQDN related.

Anytime you enter an alphanumeric value into a space reserved for IP information, that information must be resolved. IP communications do not understand names, only IPs.

I do believe you are onto something in regards to the "User ID differs from number". However, you would need to share a little bit more information in regards to your configuration and your ITSP settings. Have you engaged your ITSP about this?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

@billbrig,

Are you trying to use a string 'name@server' as the SIP username?

Or are you trying to find a find to enter inbound/outbound proxy? (If so, try the button "Configure" next to the hostname/IP address field in the interface edit dialog.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Проблема с транками, Энфорта.
Next Topic: Fax notifications
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:19:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02538 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.