Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Android Exchange Active Sync - Sony
  •  
kadybee

Send a private message to this user
I have this annoying issue with a Sony Experia Z 4G that I'm hopeful someone may have a solution for.

The device is not auth'ing as it is sending the wrong user info.

I have a <primarydomain> and <domain2> - the issue is with users in <domain2>.

In initial setup, we enter username<_at_><domain2>/password/server (eg mail.domain2);

it connects to the server but strips the "@<domain2>" portion of the username and thus Kerio Connect is assuming it is a user on the <primarydomain> and fails auth;

I then have the option to edit that with only two fields: "domain/username" and "server"

If I enter <domain2>/user and set the server "mail.<domain2>" it states can't connect to server. It's taking the "domain" part and looking at that as the server name and thus fails.

The only way I can get close to auth'ing, is in the domain/user field. Enter:

mail.<domain2>/user (with nothing in the "Server" field)

Kerio then shows (correctly) that it can't find user: "username<_at_>mail.<domain2>"

I can't find a workaround to have Kerio accept the user<_at_><hostname>.<domain> as a valid user - that would be the simple fix. I have tried the aliases etc.

I have also tried every combination in the fields but not getting anywhere unless I'm missing something not so obvious.

Other android/wm7/ios devices are fine so it must be something unique to Sony (I have also tested the account from another android phone btw).

Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Kadybee,

Which version of Android is this phone running? Have you tried using a different program on the Android to see if this works (such as Moxier or Touchdown)? As I have seen some built in email clients on Androids have problems with Exchange type accounts. Have you tried setting this up as an IMAP account?

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hello there!

I suspect this is not a Kerio issue but the mail client on the Sony device. Have you consider using an alternative such as Moxier? this may work better for you.

I assume this works on a primary domain account? It should just allow you to use the full email address so perhaps its a bug with Sony's client?

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
kadybee

Thanks for the suggestions. It's Android 4.1 and yes it connects to the Primary domain without issue and also connects IMAP without issue to the secondary. I'm quite comfortable it's not a Kerio issue definitely the client and may just have to go down the 3rd party app track.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

For Android devices the account should be configured as:
Domain\Username: mydomain.com\user (for user<_at_>mydomain.com email).
Server: server hostname (eg. mail.mydomain.com)

[Updated on: Wed, 01 May 2013 23:52]

•  
stefanoff

i tried this as well and it doesnt work.i have a samsung galaxy 4s and it keeps saying that the server is not found

i think it should be much easier to configure the account... can you help?
  •  
stefanoff

hi,
this doesnt work on my samsung galaxy 4s - it keeps not finding the server.

could you please help?
  •  
ccjwells

stefanoff wrote on Wed, 01 May 2013 19:06
i tried this as well and it doesnt work.i have a samsung galaxy 4s and it keeps saying that the server is not found

i think it should be much easier to configure the account... can you help?

Do you have "allow unsupported devices" enabled on your mail server?
Previous Topic: draft error
Next Topic: Error Update 8.1.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 14:53:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.