Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Screeching/Feedback from an unused Snom phone
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Two times in two days, two different Snom 870 phones have started screeching though their speakers at full volume for no discernable reason.

The phones do not respond to buttons, and I have to pull the POE cable to get them to stop.

I am not seeing anything in the Operator logs.

Is anyone else experiencing this with Snom phones?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
kerver

I have a handful of 870s, but have not experienced that issue. I'm using snom870 8.4.35 firmware, and Operator 2.1.1.
  •  
allgraphicsit

Hmmm...

On two separate occasions about a week apart some of the Snom 821 and 870 (not worked out which ones did it) started screeching for a couple of seconds each and then my network seemed to crash.

Not sure if it is my stack of Netgear PoE switches or if it is the MacMini hosting the Operator server (as well as a Ubuntu DHCP/DNS server) in VM Ware Fusions.

On both occasions I restarted the switches and the VMWare Fusions computer.

It did go off on its own though.

Odd!
  •  
silars

Could the tone be a warning indicator? Perhaps a power condition was present that the phones thought might be dangerous?

That's the only thing I could think of that could point at the switches.

Otherwise, unless there is a RTP/data channel, there should be no sound processing on the phone. That goes for the switches and Operator.

If something were wrong with the power, it could also indicate a problem on the switches, which could cause network issues. I'm not sure what diagnostics you have available on the Netgear switches to determine root cause.
  •  
fishtech

For me it's definitely a feedback/screeching that comes out of one, individual phone at FULL volume. It is definitely not any kind of audible tone/indicator/feature.

The affected phone is crashed, and the only thing I can do it pull the POE cable.

I have had noticed any additional network issues occurring at the same time. No other devices are affected.

In my installation, there is nothing pointing to any problems in Operator about this issue. I was originally going to post this on Snom forums but their forums were down for a couple months.

So... would our hosts here prefer we discuss this issue elsewhere if we agree there is nothing to indicate Operator is involved?.

ft.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 June 2013 15:19]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

We don't mind if you discuss it here, but you'll probably be more successful in the snom forums. I've never experienced the behavior you describe. My snoms only freeze from time to time, that's all.

Filip
  •  
88fingerslukee

I have had the same problem with one phone. I posted over at snom here:

https://forum.snom.com/index.php?showtopic=11396

Please go and post your problems.

thanks
Previous Topic: Configuring BLF on Aastra 6757iCT + 75i Expansion
Next Topic: Routing of Outbound Calls - Prioritizing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 09:18:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00452 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.