Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Calendar sharing not working on OS X with Connect 8.1
  •  
lunddal

Send a private message to this user
We just updated to Kerio Connect 8.1, and now we can't see the shared calendars in Apple iCal/Calendar.

The delegation list is empty.
  •  
My IT Indy

Did they ever come back? I've seen it where after an update the delegated calendars don't show up for a while.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
lunddal

No, they are not back and it's been 15 hours now.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 13:57]

•  
Jakub Schwarzmeier, Kerio

Sometimes Apple iCal/Calendar is not renewing the network connection when it is lost abruptly -- this can happen on server upgrade. As the calendar synchronization is running as a background service, restarting the whole Mac may help.
  •  
bzeb

same problem here.

the entire office is without calendars now. a lot of the computers we not even in the office when the update happened.

the calendars are still available in webmail.
  •  
bzeb

i changed the rights (added 'entire server' can change) then deleted that new user (reverted it back to how it was) and the calendars all came back for everyone.

users that had seen the blank / missing public folders had to recheck the box in iCal. those that hadn't ... didn't.
  •  
lunddal

I'm not exactly sure what you did.

Recheck waht box?
  •  
lunddal

Jakub Schwarzmeier, Kerio wrote on Thu, 02 May 2013 16:49
Sometimes Apple iCal/Calendar is not renewing the network connection when it is lost abruptly -- this can happen on server upgrade. As the calendar synchronization is running as a background service, restarting the whole Mac may help.

A restart doesn't help.
  •  
bzeb

some users (if they had loaded iCal previously and were missing the delegated folders) would need to go to the iCal/Calendar preferences and in the Accounts tab -> Delegates need to recheck the 'Public Folders' box.

they would then resync and everything would redownload and they were good after that.

this was after i made the rights change on the server though. before that there simply was nothing available in the delegates section on the client side of things.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 20:50]

•  
lunddal

bzeb wrote on Thu, 02 May 2013 20:48
some users (if they had loaded iCal previously and were missing the delegated folders) would need to go to the iCal/Calendar preferences and in the Accounts tab -> Delegates need to recheck the 'Public Folders' box.

We've never had a Public Folders box in the Delegates section (or any section for that matter).

•  
bzeb

you shared them individually then? i have like 15 calendars all in the public folder that everyone in the office has access to. i changed the rights on that public folder then changed them back. that public folder then appeared in the Delegates list again.

so if you don't do it that way... try changing the rights on the individual calendars or whatever you would normally see in the Delegates section.
  •  
lunddal

I've tried to change the access rights on a couple of users' calendars, but nothing works.

Every user's calendar (the one named Calender) is shared to everyone.

We have a phone system that reads the calendars too, and there is no problem there.

I've tried to make a calendar in the public folder and that doesn't help either.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 21:34]

•  
lunddal

I don't know if this means anything, but the .caldav.db file hasn't been updated since updating Kerio yesterday.

The time on .carddav.db and .csstat.db are current.
  •  
lunddal

The problem seems to be solved by rebuilding the .caldav.db file.
denoir

Deleting the database files solved the issue. Gradually all delegates in the calendar app appeared again.

What i did:

- Stopped kerio.
- Deleted these files: .caldav.db, .caldav.db.bak
from the directory: /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail
- Started kerio.

We had some problems with the calendar database before. Deleting these files always helped. There is no data loss. The db files will be automatically regenerated.
Previous Topic: how to access SMTP server over internet instead of ISP's SMTP
Next Topic: SPAM email from inside
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 20:33:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00549 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.