Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » DO NOT INSTALL CONNECT 8.1!!!
  •  
bzeb

Send a private message to this user
if you use an OSX server and OSX clients with the Calendar dealio...

DO NOT USE 8.1.

it doesn't work with shared calendars. 8.0 was fine... but 8.1... AVOID!

better be fixed soon. but in the meantime... for new peoples... do not spend any money on this software. avoid it at all costs! they push out horrible updates that kill basic features.
  •  
My IT Indy

I understand your frustration, living on the bleeding edge of production software sometimes burns you. We normally recommend waiting a bit for the bugs to shake out. Kerio has a beta program, and a LOT of bugs are caught during the time period, however sometimes bad things happen in YOUR environment that they cannot forsee.

File a ticket and see if they can help you. This forum isn't their official support mechanism and your post isn't really helpful.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
bzeb

you know what else isn't helpful?

kerio killing the calendars. a major portion of their package simply not working is pretty unacceptable.
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

bzeb,

As HoosierMac says, It was most likely not intentionally broken. Contact your reseller or Kerio directly through their Support Page and I am sure they will help you fix the issue.

I also don't recommend updating ANY software in the first few weeks it is released.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
MacLab

If its a bug they will fix it quickly. You should also be able to downgrade pretty easily.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Support are not directly aware of any issues of this nature, so I would really urge you to create a ticket with Support, so that we can investigate your problem and fix it. We will either help you to fix it directly on your server, or if it is a bug, we will raise it as a full bug report for a future release. Without your help and feedback here, though, we can't even start to investigate this.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
bzeb

Lisa Lyons (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 06 May 2013 15:22
Support are not directly aware of any issues of this nature, so I would really urge you to create a ticket with Support, so that we can investigate your problem and fix it.

okay. i'll go do that then...

"ERROR: Ticket cannot be created. Please try again later or contact technical support via phone.
We apologize for the inconvenience."

of course... this was *after* i typed everything in to the details section. and no longer there when going 'back'.

thanks for that suggestion! worked out great for me.
  •  
bzeb

support ticket worked... bug report did not.

since i just renewed last week... i guess this will use up one of two immediately. nice.
  •  
Kerio_ppolak

Hello,

bug report will not consume any of your free support incidents even if created as a support ticket.
I will contact you directly via PM to ask for more details regarding the error in bug report wizard, as issues with the wizard are very rare and are usually related to specific configuration.

Pavel Polak
Technical Operations Director | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
scottwilkins

Bummer on this development. I was itching to install 8.1 due to IM abilities. Looks like I gotta wait now. Thanks for finding it guys, and thanks to the quick replies to Kerio. I hope you get it fixed soon.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

I came here hoping for some good discussion about this issue, but it seems that some people are getting overly worked up about this. I have noticed this same problem with one of the Kerio Connect servers that I recently upgraded. The issue happens with users running Mountain Lion, Lion, and Snow Leopard. To be clear, shared calendars are still working...specifically, shared calendars between users. It's just the public calendars. I did some experimenting, and I was able to fix the issue temporarily for one user by making her an admin for all of the public folders, but the problem came back. We stopped and started Kerio Connect. Last night, I restarted the server itself. Neither of these had an effect. If users login to webmail, they can see the public calendars, so that is the best workaround I've found so far. My company "lives on the edge", and we like to test new versions of Kerio Connect before rolling it out everywhere, so we are running one of the release candidates on our own server. We're not having this problem. Therefore, the issue appeared after 8.1.0 RC 1 (1246). I wouldn't put a release candidate on a customer's server, so I'm content to wait until Kerio fixes this issue. I just wanted to give some input on this so that Kerio knows which build of 8.1 was the last version that worked properly with the public folders. Our Kerio server is running OS X 10.7.5.
  •  
My IT Indy

We have a hosted client where their public Vacation calendar has disappeared as well. It's there via webmail, but not in Calendar.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Thanks for helping to confirm that this does not affect the webmail client. That gives us a workaround at least. The funny/annoying thing is that I have some customers who hate logging into webmail, but what else can I do unless I downgrade Kerio Connect? I called this in earlier today, and now we have an open support ticket on this.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 May 2013 00:31]

•  
BLTomato

Evil or Very Mad On my VM stack I was able to see public calendars in the configured apple calendar client, but this was on a fresh install of 8.1. Anyone else upgrade to 8.1 and see their public calendars go away? I was planning on coming in this saturday and performing the upgrade...

[Updated on: Fri, 10 May 2013 02:17]

My IT Indy

One thing to keep in mind, this was 1 calendar in 1 domain. We have a LOT of domains and a LOT of users on our hosted environment and this was the only one reported having this issue.

So I guess my point is that it doesn't happen to everyone, just some people. I guess if it helps, this client had named their calendar "Vacation"

-
My IT Indy
Previous Topic: Nine - Exchange ActiveSync Android
Next Topic: Kerio WEBMAIL Archiving Feature Request
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 09:18:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00569 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.