Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [8.1] Linux 32bit to 64bit update (Instructions/Hints for updating to 64bit from 32bit?)
  •  
hberm001

Send a private message to this user
Any instructions, hints, caveats, etc. for upgrading/updating from kerio connect 8.0.0 to a 64bit (in this case connect 8.1)?

Currently we are running on CentOS 6.3 x64
  •  
My IT Indy

I think you can simply the install 64 bit version (I recommend using rpm -U) and it should be cool.

I just did it on a CentOS 6.4 64 bit VM and it worked fine.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 May 2013 03:28]

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
tiberius

Hey Centos lovers - same system / equal mission here.
Can you confirm that it work well ?

Btw. How many users / storage and memory do you guys have?

•  
My IT Indy

I've done it on two CentOS 6.4 64-bit servers without any issues at all. Both servers have around 150-ish users and it went amazingly fast. They are both virtualized with 4GB of ram and 4 CPU cores dedicated to them.

I've still got one I updated to 8.1 32-bit accidentally that I cannot get get 64-bit installed over however that's a task for another day.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
tiberius

Sounds good...I'm still on version 7.4.3 centos 5.9. Any experience about to upgrade directly to version 8.1 x86_64 bit?
  •  
My IT Indy

You need CentOS 6 64-bit to install the 64-bit Kerio so you will have to migrate your server to that version. I just did that too, lots of fun.

-
My IT Indy
Previous Topic: Licencecount
Next Topic: Debian 6 install fail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 04:57:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.