Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Connecting two Kerio Operator systems together
  •  
Michael Ruffin

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm trying to connect two Kerio operator systems together (so that people on one system can call other users on the other system as if they were local extensions).

Box 1 has 1xx extensions
Box 2 has 2xx extensions

The manual and KB have documentation on connecting to another SIP server, however it doesn't really say what's required in connecting two Kerio boxes together.

Has anyone done this before, and what are the steps required?

(eg. username and password? What do I put?. Required to register?) and do I need to set this up on both boxes? or is it enough for one to authenticate to the other?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

create a new interface of type "PBX link" on both Operators. Use a common name and a password, registration should be disabled.

Filip

For example:
Box 1:
(o) Link to another PBX
Prefixes to reach the other PBX: 2
Hostname: <box 2 ip>
Username: myPBXlink
Password: *********

Box 2:
(o) Link to another PBX
Prefixes to reach the other PBX: 1
Hostname: <box 1 ip>
Username: myPBXlink
Password: *********

•  
Michael Ruffin

Great help Filip!
Our two Kerio boxes are now happily talking to each other.
  •  
Riddick

Hi. Talking about two linked KOs, is it possible to add extension in KO2 as an queue agent of KO1?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

it should be possible to log in the remote extension as a dynamic agent.

Filip
  •  
Riddick

One more question. We have VPN of several separated offices. If we have two offices running KO in each of them and connected to make calls between users will it be possible to search users of different office in Operator Client? For example, i'm in Office1 entering my KO client web page and type the name of the user in office2, will it find it? I guess no.

So, i'm looking for the solution of corporate phone book. Making all offices connect to just one central KO is not a good idea because if internet connection down people won't be able to make calls even inside the office. What would be the be the best to do in this situation?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

That is exactly what directory services are made for. If Operator is configured with a directory service then Operator Client will look for names/numbers in there. In addition, some phones can also be configured to search in a directory service.

Last, but not least, there is a Kerio Connect integration feature which allows you dial directly from the Connect's address book.
  •  
Riddick

Thank you for the explanation! I've read LDAP manual and many forum posts but i still have some questions, so is there any manual how to configure the system for enterprise using? If users from outer offices authenticate by LDAP which is in the central office how do they make calls inside their own office in case of internet down? If i set another instance of KO for them should i add all local extensions manualy or connect this KO to the LDAP as well?
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
If i set another instance of KO for them should i add all local extensions manualy or connect this KO to the LDAP as well?

If you are using LDAP, ordinarily you would have a local backup/secondary LDAP server to provide redundancy for internet outage.

ft.
  •  
computerstlouis

Is there any limitation to the number of linked PBXs you can have, or do you know what the largest amount is that is in use in the real world?

We have worked with 3CX previously, and the maximum I was told they have every deployed is 12 bridged systems, which is not enough for a deployment that I am looking at currently.

Seth Russell
Computer St. Louis
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

The one thing that you must really think through is the number plan. Ideally you should have all numbers begin with a location prefix, no exceptions. Then you can route calls between as many Operators as you want.

Please note, that when interconnecting Operators, you need to tell each one where all others are. So for 12 Operators and a mesh topology, it would require you to configure 11 routes in each Operator. Of coarse you can go for a star topology and have one Operator route calls for all others. This would be much easier to configure. Operator currently doesn't offer any magic which would join all Operators together.
Previous Topic: Integrating Operator in Connector
Next Topic: Updating kerio questions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Feb 22 00:17:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01141 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.