Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Setting a user to be invisible to IM? (Want a user that remains in GAL but Isn't in Jabber)
  •  
BLTomato

Send a private message to this user
Is it possible to configure a user so that it shows up in the GAL, but doesn't get added to everyones XMPP service? I created a custom policy that restricts IM for our target client but that just seems to make that user not able to log into the XMPP, they still show up on people's contact list.

Are there any plans to expand the group functionality at the server level? Instead of just lumping everyone into "Colleagues" can we create groups ourselves that people get sorted into and show up in everyones clients?
  •  
clan

How about using the existing groups to define XMPP rosters? I also miss a way to restrict messaging on a per user/group level, currently only restrictions per IP address seem to be possible.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 May 2013 12:26]

•  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

BLTomato wrote on Tue, 07 May 2013 23:49
Is it possible to configure a user so that it shows up in the GAL, but doesn't get added to everyones XMPP service? I created a custom policy that restricts IM for our target client but that just seems to make that user not able to log into the XMPP, they still show up on people's contact list.

Currently this is not possible. All users published in GAL are synchronised to others contact lists.

BLTomato wrote on Tue, 07 May 2013 23:49

Are there any plans to expand the group functionality at the server level? Instead of just lumping everyone into "Colleagues" can we create groups ourselves that people get sorted into and show up in everyones clients?

Please use 'Suggest Idea' button in web admin interface to tell us what would you like to see in future Kerio Connect releases.
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

clan wrote on Wed, 08 May 2013 12:25

How about using the existing groups to define XMPP rosters?

As mentioned in above post, the best way how to tell us what would you like to see in future Kerio Connect releases is to use 'Suggest Idea' button in web admin interface. We would also like to know your use-case, what problem should the idea solve, why you need it.

I also miss a way to restrict messaging on a per user/group level, currently only restrictions per IP address seem to be possible.

It depends what you mean by "restrict messaging".

You can completely disable instant messaging for a user (or a number of selected users) by setting user Access Policy. For details check this article: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on-kerio-connect/services-in-kerio-connect-1153.html.

You can also restrict sending/receiving messages outside user domain for single user or group of users. The checkbox your are looking for has label: "This user can send/receive messages to/from his/her own domain only" or "Members of this group can send/receive messages to/from its domain only." Note that this also affects email communication. For details check this article: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/instant-messaging/ configuring-instant-messaging-in-kerio-connect-1403.html
  •  
clan

Tomas Skoda (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 14 May 2013 15:57

How about using the existing groups to define XMPP rosters?

As mentioned in above post, the best way how to tell us what would you like to see in future Kerio Connect releases is to use 'Suggest Idea' button in web admin interface. We would also like to know your use-case, what problem should the idea solve, why you need it.

One use-case would be to have contact groups by team. It should still be possible to add other users to my contact list, but I would like to have only my team members in my default list.

Quote:

I also miss a way to restrict messaging on a per user/group level, currently only restrictions per IP address seem to be possible.

It depends what you mean by "restrict messaging".

You can completely disable instant messaging for a user (or a number of selected users) by setting user Access Policy. For details check this article: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on-kerio-connect/services-in-kerio-connect-1153.html

You can also restrict sending/receiving messages outside user domain for single user or group of users. The checkbox your are looking for has label: "This user can send/receive messages to/from his/her own domain only" or "Members of this group can send/receive messages to/from its domain only." Note that this also affects email communication. For details check this article: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/instant-messaging/ configuring-instant-messaging-in-kerio-connect-1403.html

A use case for this would be keeping functional email addresses from the contact list. Unfortunately using user policies to disable instant messaging still displays the affected user in the contact list, at least using Pidgin.

BTW, the links don't work, there is a period at the end of the first and a space in the middle of the second.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 May 2013 17:42]

Previous Topic: SPAM from not exist mailbox
Next Topic: Using External Antivirus with 8.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 13:56:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.