Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Place a caller on hold duing the call (by dialing a dial tone)
  •  
Riddick

Send a private message to this user
Hi! The problem is to find a way to place a call on hold (and then make a transfer) without using flash hook on analog phones. The phones are connected via voip gate linksys pap2t and some of them are DECT so they don't have a flash hook or button.

I suppose that if KO would have an extension to place a call on hold that would helped. But i'm not sure it can receive any dial tones during a call. Any ideas?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

'Feature codes' for call transfer will be supported in the next major version, Operator 2.2.0.

Vladimir
  •  
Riddick

That's good news, thanks! Am I getting it right, i'll be able to transfer a call by dialing a dial code during a call? Just for now there is no any reaction on dialed codes during a call untill i push flash.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Yes, there's going to be a DTMF sequence you can use to transfer a call.
  •  
Reinaldo

Hi Vladimir,
We are running Operator 2.2.0 RC1.
Can you please explain the dynamics of the call transfer?
We have a PAP2 here working with Elastix but not transfering calls over DTMF when we switch to Operator. It did work when we tap the hook and dial the number.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 October 2013 22:03]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Reinaldo,

you need to differentiate between two ways of how to do a transfer.

A) Configure the SPA to detect a flash and make a transfer.
1. The SPA adapter needs to be configured to detect call transfers.
2. Press the <flash> or tap the hook very quickly. You should hear the dialtone of the SPA adapter.
3. Dial the desired number, wait or press the # key. The SPA adapter should commit the transfer.

B) Set Operator to detect feature codes in the audio stream
1. Navigate to the screen "PBX services" -> "Codes".
2. Enable Blind or attended transfer. Make sure the codes don't interfere with the codes configured in the SPA, otherwise the SPA will not pass them through to Operator.
3. Press the keys while on call followed by the destination number. Operator will do the transfer.

Best
Filip
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator Api
Next Topic: Cologne HFC-4S - is it supported?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 07:08:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.