Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » vmware connection blocked by Kerio Control
  •  
no_name

Send a private message to this user
hi there,

I need help.

I installed Kerio Control and vmware on the same PC. whenever kerio control ON, guest OS can't access network at all, except for virtual network itself.

But when I stop Kerio Control, guest OS can access network.

Need help here, how to solve it. I need Kerio Control On while Guest OS operate.

here is brief my spec:
- Kerio Control 6.7.xx
- VMware workstation 7.1
Guest OS = Linux and Windows server 2003
Host OS = Windows server 2008

thanks for all help
  •  
Carl N

i have the same problem with kerio control 7.42 ....

i really don't know how to configure control to let vm guest pass as they want ...
  •  
silars

Using ESXi vs. Workstation is not an option?
  •  
Carl N

well not right now...

this machine is the active directory server AND the temporary how for workstation before i move everything to the hyper-v cluster....

normally this AD server would not be on any public interface... but for the now i needed a temporary home. and i want to firewall it.....

that i why i tried kerio, and if it was goog we would have baught a lisence ...
  •  
silars

How about running Control within Workstation as a VM? I did this for a while as a test server. It worked well. Does the public IP have to be on the AD server?

It will require some creative interface control. Perhaps even VLANs.
  •  
no_name

I looked another thread, it said there is no possible to allow connection from guest host while using bridge mode, unless we use NAT Mode. but that thread for old version.

is it still same or else?

I configure VMWARE like this:
- Net1 --> bridge mode (but independent, not replicate the connection)
- Net2 --> VMnet.

thanks
  •  
silars

I don't remember having a problem with bridge mode. But, this was almost a year ago. I was testing my transition of barebones Control to a VM Control (on a laptop using Player).

Worst case, download a trial of Control and try it. Nothing to lose.

The tougher challenge will be to make sure you only expose Control to the public. I'm guessing you'll need VLANs.
  •  
no_name

hi,

do you mean "VMnet" for "VLANs" in Vmware?

•  
silars

No. Virtual Switches can map to VLANs, but that isn't necessarily the case.

You'll need multiple Virtual Switches to properly protect your machines behind the Control VM.

Each environment is different. You may need VLANs, you may not. It depends on what resources you have at your disposal (switches, routers, NICs, etc.)
Previous Topic: Problem in the speed of the user's specialty ??
Next Topic: Bandwidth limiting with 2 parameters issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 01:39:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.