Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [Mac OS/Outlook 2011] Can not invite attendee's on public folder calendar entries
  •  
CarsonUK

Send a private message to this user
hi all,

We have noticed a bug with 8.1, a couple of my technicians reported when using Mac OS and Outlook 2011 (via 'Integrate my Mac').

The following example was performed on Mac OS X 10.7.5 fully up to date with Office 2011 also fully up to date.

Basically the way to replicate an error is by having a public shared calendar (shared with everyone so they can read/write), making a a calendar event and try inviting someone in your domain for example. You will receive an Outlook error message when you try to press send "This meeting invitation cannot be sent because it is in a public folder. To send a meeting invitation, you must create the event in the primary Exchange calendar".

We never had this issue before as one of our projects is reliant on this feature. I am unable to see the error in webmail or Outlook on Windows.

Any info would be much appreciated,
Rob
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is not a bug. Outlook for Mac displays this message because Public folders (based on their nature) cannot be organizer of any meeting or event (because there is no Inbox or email address where the attendees should send a reply to).
This is common for all clients. Some of them show a warning, some don't.

If you want to have a shared calendar I recommend to use resources for this. Then the meeting is created by the user in his calendar and resource calendar is as an attendee.
  •  
CarsonUK

I daily use a public shared calendar to create events which include attendee's so that does not make much sense i afraid.

For example Outlook on Windows, I will create an event in a public calendar folder, invite myself (so it books a slot in my calendar too) and the other attendee's without an issue.

Thanks,
Rob
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Latest version of Kerio Outlook Connector does support delegation in terms of creating an event in other/shared calendar. In this case the organizer of the meeting is not Public folders but the creator of the event. As a side effect, of course, when the attendees respond only event in your calendar is updated. Not in the Public folders.

Outlook for Mac has no such feature.
  •  
CarsonUK

Now that is making sense! So to confirm, if we wish to use public folders for events with invitee's, we should use our primary personal calendars and invite the public calendar?

If so, how do you invite a public calendar?

Basically one of our projects involves the availability of myself and a couple of my colleagues so we use the public folders to schedule in a colleague (after one accepts, that books that person out and the others ignore).
  •  
Todd Long

Rob,

Did you ever come up with a way to continue using a public calendar? I've found myself in the same situation.

Thanks,
Todd
  •  
CarsonUK

Hi Todd,

We actually left Kerio back in Auguest in favour of Office 365. What we used to do for our project was send a meeting request to our client from our personal calendar, once accepted, create a normal calendar item in the shared/public calendar with the details copied in. It may seem a bit of a slo process but it worked for us as we could add stuff the client didn't need to know about.

I hope this helps and let me know if you need further help. Rob
Previous Topic: Outlook 2010 and Kerio Connect 8.1.1
Next Topic: Serious timezone bug in 8.0.1?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 17:02:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.