Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration latest KMS 5 --> 6
  •  
Jean-Christophe_V

Send a private message to this user
Just made the migration today and we are encountering a problem with the LDAP query send by Outlook 2003.

The previous search string was : fn=Contacts,fn=public,fn=ContactRoot

It was working with the 5.x versions but with the 6.0, the query doesn't find anything.

Thanks for your help...
  •  
rmcilmoyle

I performed the upgrade today, running on windows2003 and run into two issues:

first; ldap now needs authentication to pull entries from shared contacts
Second; the string as you noted no longer works
third; you can no longer use * in the search string anywhere ...
fourth; Display name is no longer searchable, although first name and last name still work

My public contact records were made a mess of, all now have three email address so they look like crap.

We link to AD and had two domains linking to the same AD domain and now the mail server put everyone in both mail domains... eg

real AD domain is domain.local,, mail domains dom1.com and second dom2.com. Only a few users originally belonged to dom2.com but now it made every one in dom1.com also a member of dom2.com and the server now thinks we are out of licenses.

Final note; no easy way to down grade to previous version....

back to an old stable working version we go.
  •  
Jean-Christophe_V

Regarding the LDAP search, I confirm that searching with the full name doesn't find anything but it works when using name or firstname fields.
  •  
rmcilmoyle

If you look into the file created for each contact it would seem that the field display name has been lost. This is a standard field as far as I know. Not only that, it's gone from the edit contact record in the interface so it's no wonder that it no longer seems to work from within mail clients.
Previous Topic: on again/off again POP downloads
Next Topic: Calendar and blocking time for the "public"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:05:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00467 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.