Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » One user being flooded with spam
  •  
MarkK

Send a private message to this user
I have one user that is being flooded with spam. I check the spam rules that are being tagged, and they just are not near enough to hit my threshold of 5.0. A good portion of the spams are crafted good enough that they will score between just 1 or 2, since they get tagged with maybe only one spam assassin rule.

Somewhere, this user's email address got stuck on a email list that has really made its rounds with the spammers. What I have setup works pretty good for all of my other users. So it is really just this one user.

Any suggestions on how to battle this for the one user? I know I can always change his email address, but he really doesn't want to have to go through changing his address on all of the various good sender's sites.
  •  
zebby

What spam protection do you have switched on in Kerio at the moment?
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

I have had success by writing a rule to add points to any email sent to the high spam volume user, adding 2 points to every mail is the same as lowering the spam threshold for only that user by 2 points.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
MarkK

I actually thought about that after I made the post. I'll have to take a look at his HAM scores though, since I don't want to start sending good emails in to the junk folder.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Failed to process domain
Next Topic: KOFF 64 bit
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 18:40:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.