Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Need to move old mail folders / email into user's account
  •  
AtariBaby

Send a private message to this user
Sorry if you are tired of this question. I've inherited a kerio mail server and if there's one thing I've learned from my reading, there are a lot of ways to break it!

The previous IT had restored email after a server crash. One user's mail folders all appear intact, e.g., folders with "inbox" and "sent" and .eml files inside them. But her active email account is not connected to them! Furthermore her active email account has been in use for months now, so it really needs to stay.

I wish it was as easy as copying those old mail folders into a folder in her active account called "Recovered", and therein she could navigate her email and email folders. I am guessing you all are going to tell me that is not the case! I tried reading on how to do this myself but all the dire warnings and conflicting methods have made me reluctant to act without clear and dumbed-down instructions. Confused

She is a Windows Thunderbird user, and I have discovered there is a Tbird plugin for importing email files: freeshell.de//~kaosmos/mboximport-en.html

What is the best way?

Thank you for reading!

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2013 23:49]

•  
MarkK

Actually, it is pretty much that easy. I haven't done this type of thing since they have integrated the reindexing service.

Stop the mail server.
In the folder where the mail server store is located, find the user's active mail directory.
Something like E:\Kerio\MailServer\store\mail\domain.com\jdoe\
Create a folder called \Recovered\
Inside that create the folder \#msgs\
Copy the recovered .eml files in to the folder:
E:\Kerio\MailServer\store\mail\domain.com\jdoe\Recovered\#ms gs\
Restart the mail server.
In Admin, go to Accounts > Users
Right click the user's name
Select MORE ACTIONS > REINDEX MAILBOX

This should suck in those recovered emails. Most importantly, it will not harm or break anything else.
  •  
AtariBaby

This worked! You are awesome. Thank you for helping. Laughing
Previous Topic: Active Sync errors in log
Next Topic: how to restore from archive
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 19:47:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00337 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.