Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook Freezing with KOFF (Outlook 2010 & 2013 on 3 different machines all freezing)
  •  
zbit

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Outlook continually freezes (Not responding) for up to a minute when it feels like, usually when sending / receiving emails, changing folders & at startup.

I've tried this on 3 machines with different setups & kerio connect 7.3.2 & 8.1.0

The only commonality between these machines is that they are all located offsite, so are connecting to Kerio server over the internet.

Machine 1 - Windows 7 64 bit. Outlook 2010 32 bit.
Machine 2 - Windows 8 64 bit. Outlook 2013 32 bit.
Machine 3 - Windows 7 64 bit. Outlook 2013 32 bit.

On machine 1 & 2 I have disabled AVG anti virus email scanning.
Machine 3 has no anti virus.

Machine 3 I actually set up as a test machine. It is a vanilla install of office 2013 professional downloaded off the microsoft website. I haven't installed any addons or anything. It behaves the same as the other machines.

Outlook IMAP often doesn't work properly offsite (it always seems to be hit and miss with any mail server, especially in 2013, they really seem to have wrecked it!), so KOFF seems to be the solution, which doesn't work either.

Internally on the LAN KOFF and IMAP work fine.

Any help or advice or more info I can provide?

Thanks, Ryan
  •  
zbit

It appears to improved itself over time, but, now when changing folders and clicking through lots of emails it still hangs a LOT!

Also, in the outlook window, the preview text for a lot of messages says
<K:annotationList xmlns:K="koff:"> </KannotationList> <K:originalEventPropertyList

Other messages have the first line or two of the body, which is correct.

This is outlook 2013, No anti virus installed on the system and all addins disabled except for Kerio

Machine is intel i7, SSD, 12GB RAM, connecting to Kerio over a WAN.
  •  
scornelissen85

Same happens here. We have added in the machine with Outlook an SSD-disk, which seems to perform well. These freezes doesn't occur so many times more. But we found last week an incoming message a body starting with:

<K:annotationList xmlns:K="koff:"><K:annotation name="/vendor/kerio/mapi/names/00000003 {00062003-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} [I] 00008101">LONG 00000000</K:annotation><K:annotation name="/vendor/kerio/mapi/names/0000000b {00062003-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} [I] 0000811c">BOOL 0000</K:annotation><K:annotation name="/vendor/kerio/mapi/names/0000000b {00062008-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} [I] 00008503">BOOL 0000</K:annotation><K:annotation name="/vendor/kerio/mapi/names/00000040 {69939CB1-0122-49C4-B980-88F4BF4C25EB} [UN]

The other part of the body contains in visible HTML-tags the text from the email that was received before, completely different sender. However the attachment was okay and it was also okay in the web mail view. It seems only scrambled in Outlook. But it scares me a bit when email from one sender is visible in another email. The PC is running Windows 7 (Microsoft Security Essentials as virus scanner) with Outlook 2010 and our server Kerio version 8.1.0 on CentOS 5.
  •  
zbit

The solution for me was to set it to download the full email rather than just headers.

You right click in outlook on the mailbox, then properties or advanced or something similar. From in there you can set it to download headers or full message. By default it only downloads the headers, so on clicking the email for the first time it has to download the rest of the message. If there is any disk or networking issues or anything it just hangs while the message downloads.
Previous Topic: Exchange Active Sync
Next Topic: Outlook+koff as a scheduled task without GUI not working?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 01:04:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.