Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Warning Logs: Instant Messaging [external]: Domain event processing failed (continuous warning errors in the log)
  •  
puretech

Send a private message to this user
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can point to the right direction on why there are continuous errors in the warning logs:

[15/May/2013 09:26:15] Instant Messaging [external]: Domain event processing failed, cannot process vcards (EventDomainSync.event): com.kerio.im.common.error.ServiceException: Failed to read vcards at com.kerio.im.connect.ExtServiceImpl.getAllVCards(ExtServiceImpl.java:76) at com.kerio.im.core.vcard.VCardCache.refresh(VCardCache.java:51) at com.kerio.im.core.vcard.VCardStore.refresh(VCardStore.java:62) at com.kerio.im.core.vcard.EventDomainSync.event(EventDomainSync.java:37) at com.kerio.im.core.vcard.EventDomainSync.event(EventDomainSync.java:15) at com.kerio.im.core.Bus.publish(Bus.java:34) at com.kerio.im.core.domain.DomainControl.check(DomainControl.java:94) at com.kerio.im.core.domain.DomainFullSync$ExtDomainsHandler.handle(DomainFullSync.java:83) at com.kerio.im.connect.AdminApi.getAllDomains(AdminApi.java:126) at com.kerio.im.connect.ExtServiceImpl.getAllDomains(ExtServiceImpl.java:99) at com.kerio.im.core.domain.DomainFullSync.sync(DomainFullSync.java:44) at com.kerio.im.core.domain.DomainFullSync.ru

I have turned the IM service off for now as we are not using it at the moment. But errors still exists.

Kerio Version 8.1.0 (1314)
Server: Windows Server 2008 R2, x86_64

[Updated on: Wed, 15 May 2013 10:42]

•  
puretech

Anyone seen similar errors? It happens every 20'sh minutes
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Instant Messaging service is reading users vcards stored in public contact folder managed by GAL. The public folder can be either one per domain or one per server. There is some problem with accessing this folder or processing its content. The only effect of this error is that users photos and other details are not visible in IM clients.

Could you please send me warning.log, error.log, debug.log and also files from [store]/xmpp/logs? Before doing that please ensure that debug log for instant messaging is enabled. Could you also tell me what is your public folder configuration (per folder or per server)?

Thanks
  •  
puretech

Hi Tomas, Thanks for replying.

Shall I send you those logs on here? How should i send them?

Public folders are global, so per server. We have, in use, 2 domains, so we made the public folder global (followed the article)

The Instant Messaging service has been stopped for 3 days, but it's still trying to read vcards then.

Addition update: Public folders contacts and calender has "all user" access which is for all the domains.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 May 2013 12:27]

•  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

puretech wrote on Fri, 17 May 2013 12:20

Shall I send you those logs on here? How should i send them?

One option is to use your favourite sharing service (Samepage, Dropbox, ...) and send me the link in a private message.

Quote:

The Instant Messaging service has been stopped for 3 days, but it's still trying to read vcards then.

This is common behaviour.
  •  
puretech

•  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Thanks for the logs.

It seems that some contacts in your public contact folder are duplicated. One contact from such "pair" hasn't filled any email address in form of <username<_at_>userdomain>. This email item is mandatory and normally GAL mechanism take care of its presence unless duplicate contacts are present.

I would suggest you to walk through all contacts inside public contact folder (e.g. using Kerio Connect Client) and remove duplicates with incorrect or missing email address (specified above).
  •  
puretech

Hi Tomas, Thanks for the suggestion. I have been trying to go through our Global contact list again and again, but I cannot see any duplicate contact or email address that is not in the format of <username<_at_>userdomain>.

Any suggestions?
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Is it possible to see content of your public contact folder (the one managed by GAL)? It is stored on path 'store\mail\#public\Contacts'.

Cheers,
Tomas Skoda
  •  
puretech

PM sent.

Thanks Tomas
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Thanks to your assistance we discovered an issue with 'global public folders'. In the worst case VCard synchronisation to IM service stops working by creating new user or changing any 'GAL managed' contact.

The only effect of this issue is that photos/contact details of new users (or changes made to existing ones) are not visible through IM unless you restart Kerio Connect server or switch to 'unique per domain' public folders. Other IM functionality is not affected by this issue.

The issue is very likely to be fixed in the next Kerio Connect service release.

•  
puretech

Thanks for getting back Tomas.

We are not using IM services at the moment. We have turned IM service is off, so we will wait for the next release.

•  
pcunix

I'm seeing those same log messages on a server where IM services or shut off???

This is expected behavior? Can you explain?

[Updated on: Tue, 25 June 2013 13:36]

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Yes, this is expected behaviour. IM service core is still running even if you stop both services.

You could either wait few days for next service release of Kerio Connect 8.1. (which will fix your issue with IM) or completely disable IM. To do it, you need to open 'mailserver.cfg', locate table 'InstantMessaging', find its variable 'Enabled' and set its value to 0. Do not edit this file while Kerio Connect server is running as your modifications will be lost.
Previous Topic: index.fld corruption
Next Topic: Managing large installations
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 19:38:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00568 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.