Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Developer Zone » API/SDK Writers » Run API on Kerio Operator Machine
  •  
Hang Sien

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I am thinking to integrate Kerio Operator with Kayako through the API. So I downloaded the kerio-api-php and attempted to run it on Kerio Operator machine. But it doesn't allow me to create file or directory at anywhere in /opt/kerio/operator/www, except in the /opt/kerio/operator/www/download.

1) The API must be run on dedicated server or LAMP/WAMP software?
2) Kerio Operator cannot install or run with other applications?
3) Can anyone share your experience in calling the API from Java or C#?

Thanks!
  •  
pcunix

Download the API to your own desktop. Nothing needs to be installed on Operator.

The API examples need to run on a web server, but it doesn't need to be dedicated and API calls can be done directly without a browser - command line, for example.

* I should qualify that: even the examples don't necessarily need a server. You can run them from the command line too, though of course you have to feed the forms yourself and the result will contain html formatting. Usually easier just to look at the examples for guidance and write your own code.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2013 14:09]

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Hi Hang Sien,

Kerio Operator Appliance is intended for standalone use only and I can't recommend to use it for such purpose, even any other.

I would suggest you run the PHP examples from another machine as recommended by <_at_>pcunix.

The examples in the kerio-api-php are intended for an AMP bundle but you can use it with the PHP-CLI as well.

Best regards,

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
Hang Sien

Thank you! I can start playing with the API example now Smile
  •  
Hang Sien

Hello, where can I find the interfaces and methods for Kerio Operator? I could only find the interfaces and methods for Kerio Connect at here.
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Hello,

Kerio Operator API is currently under development. We do not provide any documentation at this moment but you can open a new topic for a subject you are interested. We always try to reply with a solution as only possible. Smile

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
Hang Sien

Hi Miroslav Osladil,

> We always try to reply with a solution as only possible.

Thank you for your kind offer of help.

When will Kerio be officially unveiling Operator API? Does Kerio plans for release the API in other programming languages as well in near future?
Previous Topic: Kerio control add url rule?
Next Topic: Control: Get user traffic quota
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 17:17:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.