Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Disk I/O
  •  
MultiCam

Send a private message to this user
Is there any process in KC 8.1 that is more disk intensive than in 7.4? We recently upgraded and now our disk I/O is off the charts. To be honest I never really checked it before with 7.4 but we are having some huge performance issues now after upgrading and its not CPU or RAM but disk I/O
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

Actually our server is running super slow as of 3 hours ago... I've had to turn off many of the filters just to get mail to move at a snails base and process the queue backlog.

I only mention this because it looks like our Disk I/O is very high also... it may not be 8.1 but more that something pushed to the software went wrong. Turning off Greylisting and the Virus Scanning (noticed last update was around time of last A/V update) helped a little, but the queue is still close to 500 and only dropping 10 emails a minute.

Also Have been on hold for Support for over 15 minutes... never waited more then 2 or 3 minutes ever before this.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
MultiCam

I am not running the greylisting service but am using some of the other spam methods. We use the integrated sophos but I have turned that off for now as we have 2 other scanners ahead of it working on other machines. Still slow. Our queue is only a few messages at a time and they are being processed but it seems other activity, people moving emails around between folders is hammering the disks. Loading up webmail allows login, but the users mailbox never displays.

I hope you get a resolution and post it here. I was about to call support myself.
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

I am pretty sure 8.0 requires a reindex of your mail store, is it possible this is still in progress?

- Brian
  •  
MultiCam

How can I find this out? Im assuming in the logs, but do you know what to look for to see if it is reindexing?
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

How long ago did you upgrade? and how big is your mail store? It is more of a guess as I know of no way to check status.

- Brian
  •  
MultiCam

We upgraded last Saturday, our mail store is 325GB and we have 115 users.
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

It should have finished by now.

As a side note our issue turned out to be a failing drive in the RAID Array, It was barely working but because it never fully failed the array was hanging on to it.

- Brian
  •  
sirhc

Maybe you have the fulltext indexing engine running? I noticed that it takes quite an amount of additional IO. We turned it off here since almost all users are working with Outlook which has it's own search database engine included anyway.
Previous Topic: Kerio 8.1 and Internet Explorer 10
Next Topic: ActiveSync Samsung GTS5830 (gaxaly S4)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 00:15:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.