Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 8.1.0 mailserver.exe high number of handles and sluggish (Server very sluggish after recent upgrade)
  •  
tsfm

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We recently upgrade our kerio server fro version 6.3.0 to 8.1.0.
I'm noticing that the server is extramly sluggish and the numner of handles in the task manager keeps incrementing for the mailserver.exe. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this behavior.

If this isn't a software bug with closing handles, where do I look?
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

When you say recently do you mean in the last few hours? If so you may want to look in the high I/O thread as this may be related to your issue.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
tsfm

We upgraded about 3 weeks ago. I'll look for the the high I/O thread
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Did you upgrade to the incremental updates? EG, you should have gone from 6.3.0 to 6.5.2 and then to 6.7.3 Patch 1 (I also recommend 7.0.0) before going to the final version.

Please check out our KB here:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on-kerio-connect/how-do-i-update-kerio-connect-when-a-new-ve rsion-is-available-451.html

[Updated on: Sun, 19 May 2013 13:12]

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
tsfm

We did do the incremental updates. I did not increment to version 7.0 though. I read in another post about re-indexing all the mailboxes. Is this something I can do? What is the impact on performance and will this lock each mailbox while in progress?

Is there a way to get a status of the re-index task?
Previous Topic: Kerio 8.1, catchall Pop3 account and mails to several recipients
Next Topic: Version 8.1.0 Failure to parse languages warning
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 18:20:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.