Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Archive
  •  
mrralan

Send a private message to this user
Can emails be archived from the Kerio Connect client to the local PC?
If so, how???
  •  
Michael Ruffin

I would think this is only possible by use of the client software on the PC (eg. Outlook's archive function).
  •  
Vicky

Hi Mrralan,

The response you got from Michael is correct. You would need some client software such as Outlook to achieve this, however take a look at our 3rd party recommendations page as there are a couple of solutions for archiving that might interest you:

http://www.kerio.com/connect/third-party#archive

There is also another archiving program that a lot of our German customers seem to use, it is not official support by Kerio but we have not had any customers inform us of any problems with it:

http://www.mailstore.com/

Anyway I hope the above helps.

Al the best,
Vicky
  •  
mrralan

Thanks for the helpful answers!
  •  
Albeck

There is a feature request for implementing user based archivs to Kerio Connect. Vote for it! I think this is a MUST HAVE for a mail(sync)server and Kerio has to implement it.

In the meantime, I used to do archiv like funktion with public folders on which only the user it is meant for has access rights. This is really a lot of configuration and maintanance work and also requires the users to manually move their old mails. Quite unhandy...

This is really a big deal that bothers me about Kerio Connect and all my customer.
It is simply not useable to have 50GB mailboxes and sync all of these to the clients. There hasto be a way the the main synced mailbox is able to drop old message to an archive which is not synced (or optional) and that this user based archive is accessable via webmail orsomething like that.

My thoughts and workaround on this. Time to implement Wink

Previous Topic: Problems with meetings after migration from Office 365
Next Topic: Kerio x64 on Windows 2008 r2 x64
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 02:00:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.