Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Snom 821 870 Handset Speaker too quiet
  •  
allgraphicsit

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,

Does anyone else have volume problems with the Snom 821 and Snom 870?

Seems that the maximum call setting is actually really low and even with the slightest background noise in the office makes it hard to hear the other party?

I have tried changing codecs and this is internal and external calls.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Many thanks,

David Lee
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

These Snom models let you change the volume when the call is in progress. You can also record the calls on Operator and then open them in some sound editor (like Audacity) to see what is the actual volume.

Vladimir
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

If you want to change the microphone sensitivity you can check the Advanced -> Audio screen in the snom administration. There are fields to change the volume. sSe http://wiki.snom.com/Web_Interface/V8/Advanced#Audio.

I don't know how to change the volume of the speaker except using the phone's buttons. I'd suggest you to try the snom support & forums.

Filip
  •  
allgraphicsit

Ok, thanks for your help.

There is a hidden parameter which you can change if you export the config file and import back in again. All about extra provisioning settings. I have also tried this but does not sound great.

I will try recording the call and compare two different handset makes.

Off to snom forums.....

Many thanks,

David
Previous Topic: Version 2.2
Next Topic: Remote phone issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 05:21:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.