Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio x64 on Windows 2008 r2 x64 (Looking for thoughts and experiencing from admins who have rolled it out)
  •  
CarsonUK

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

We currently have Kerio running 8.1 x86 on a Windows 2008 r2 x64 server. We noticed that there is a x64 client available but we have has a bit of a rough time with Kerio this year after we migrated from our legacy Kerio 6.7 server to Kerio 7.4 at Christmas with random crashes, DNS issues and general complaints from users about bugs in the new webmail so we are a bit worried about making the switch to x64 if there are any extra bugs to be found!

We would be very interesting in hearing from admins who have deployed the x64 client on their Windows servers.

The reason I ask is because our client has about 600+ accounts in it world wide, this causes our server to run at about 2.5gb in ram which may be causing some performance issues as that is about the limit of what x86 can handle.

Also I believe this will fix the error log limit problem as our server reboots when the error log reaches 2gb.

Thanks,
Rob
  •  
rharrelson

Hi,

We were running 8.0 x86 on windows 2008 r2 x64 and switched to the 64 bit version for 8.1. Haven't had any issues -- admin interface is notably quicker though, which is nice. We have about 75 active users.
  •  
kenwest

Hi CarsonUK,

We have 210 users. We migrated from the 8.0 x86 version to the 8.1 x64 version on Windows 2008 R2 with no issues.

Hope this helps!
  •  
CarsonUK

thanks for your replies guys, I'm glad to hear the admin panel geta nice performance improvment, does it make the webmail client any faster? we currently have a lot of users using it in Firefox under RDS servers and it can be a bit laggy so any performance improvements are welcome.
  •  
CarsonUK

also, any complications in the upgrade process? As far as i know you have to completely uninstall the x86 version and install the x64 correct?
  •  
puretech

we had kerio 7.4x86 on Server 2008R2 64bit and we upgraded straight to 64bit 8.1 without any problems. You dont need to uninstall 32bit. just install on top of it leaving everything else intact (store path etc) Have a look at the release notes.
  •  
kenwest

Yes, download the x64 version of 8.1 from the Kerio website. Double-click and enjoy.

Do not go through the normal upgrade process or you will upgrade to the x86 version of 8.1.
  •  
rharrelson

The only thing that's a little different is that the 64 bit version will install in /program files (x86) if you're upgrading from the 32bit version, but there's no functional effect. Our upgrade from 32 -> 64 was uneventful.
  •  
CarsonUK

thanks for the feedback guys. Just noticed that 8.1.1 has been released so will look at updating to that with x64 in the near future as it fixes the iCal shared calendars.

Anyone have any feedback on the Webmail client in x64?
  •  
adm2p2l

Hi guys
Kerio x86 was running on a Dell R610 RAM 32Go with 2008 Server R2.
Just downloaded Kerio and Kerio AD x64 8.1.1(1374) last night and installed...
Now i've Windows Server 2008 R2 x86_64 in the Operating system widget window and no issue. 110 created mailboxes
Just read this before (page I)
http:// download.kerio.com/dwn/beta-connect/connect-8.1.0-1246/kerio -connect-notes-en-8.1.0-1246-r1.pdf
I hope this will help
Previous Topic: Archive
Next Topic: Backup of Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:21:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.