Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Server relocation (Server relocation)
  •  
ayao

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We want to relocate our Kerio Email server from colo A to colo B.
I need a plan B if the relocation fails.
We have 90 users.

I plan to install a 30-day trial version of Kerio Connect to a spare server, restore a backup to it, set it up at colo B so if the relocation fails we can switch to this spare server quickly. Is this a good plan? Does 30-day trial allow 90 users to be restored?

If unfortunately we switch to this spare server, will all users be forced to download their emails and cause duplicate copies in Outlook? (We use POP3 and IMAP.)

Is there any better way to do relocation?

Thanks in advance!

-Andrew
  •  
mbmaplethorpe

Will you be using the same IP address for colo A and colo B? I was wondering what would happen with regards to your MX records.
  •  
ayao

We may change the IP and will update the DNS record.
Just want to check if a Trial version allows us to restore 90 mailboxes to it?
  •  
benjalamelami

I think you will need to have both machines running together and syncing the FS...

What I would do is to have a mean to have the original machine forwarding all mails to your new one. This is while the MX records are updated worldwide.

•  
ayao

I forgot to mention that the spare server is just a quick failover in case we damage the real server in transit. We wouldn't need it if everything goes smoothly.
We don't care about losing emails in this process, and hopefully the sender will resend.

My real question is actually - can we restore 90 mailboxes to a trial version?

I guess I will just need to try it out on my own.

Poor Kerio Connect...

[Updated on: Fri, 24 May 2013 23:08]

•  
benjalamelami

Previous Topic: Backup of Kerio Connect
Next Topic: German: Kalenderfreigabe
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 05:14:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.