Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connection reset by peer (Socket error 10054 / CalDAV)
  •  
reivax

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I'm trying to write a custom application to read calendar info using the CalDAV protocol.
This app uses Indy (Internet Direct) components internally to make requests to the server.
Sometimes, all works fine but most of the time I get the following error message :
'Socket Error # 10054 - Connection reset by peer'.
The system Admin tells me that no alerts are recorded in the logs...
What's going wrong ?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The error means that the client probably sends wrong request to the server (most likely more data than announced in the HTTP header), I recommend to use eg. Wireshark to confirm that the requests sent to the server are correct.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 May 2013 19:50]

•  
reivax

I made many attempts to find out what's going wrong with my request.

Here is the text sent to the server :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<C:calendar-query xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:C="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">
<D:prop>
<D:getetag/>
<C:calendar-data>
<C:comp name="VCALENDAR">
<C:comp name="VEVENT"/>
</C:comp>
</C:calendar-data>
</D:prop>
<C:filter>
<C:comp-filter name="VCALENDAR">
<C:comp-filter name="VEVENT">
<C:time-range start="20130601T000000Z" end="20131231T000000Z"/>
</C:comp-filter>
</C:comp-filter>
</C:filter>
</C:calendar-query>

This works fine but if I change the time-range start to, eg, "20130501T000000Z", it fails and I get a "connection reset by peer" error message.
So, it seems it's only possible to time-range filter from the current month (june) !
If the filter is removed, all items are returned but this is not I want : I would like to get items from a specified date in the past.

By the way, it's impossible to get VTODOs (task objects) as defined in CalDAV.

We are using Kerio Connect V8.0.2.
Previous Topic: Two UnFlagged groupings when sorting - BUG?
Next Topic: Replace Directory Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:26:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00385 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.