Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Fix corrupt index file
  •  
mrralan

Send a private message to this user
I am running Kerio version 8.1.0 and I have a user that is missing a good bit of emails from their Inbox.
From research it looks like a corrupt index.fld file.
I have been reading that I can rename the index.fld to index.bad in that Inbox folder, but when I looked at Kerio's Knowledge base it states this "This is valid for Kerio Connect 7.2.4 and older only. Since Kerio Connect 7.3.0 re-indexing is done automatically by a background process."
Can someone from Kerio please weigh in on this and confirm that if I was to rename the index.fld to index.bad that will fix my issue on this newer version???

Also, when/if I have to rename this index.fld file would I have to delete and recreate the profile?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Don't rename any file.
Go to web administration, select the user and then right click and select Repair mailbox option. That's all.
  •  
mrralan

Thanks for confirming that.
I assume I will still need to stop the mail service then repair the mailbox and restart the service???
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mrralan wrote on Tue, 04 June 2013 21:29
Thanks for confirming that.
I assume I will still need to stop the mail service then repair the mailbox and restart the service???

There is no need to restart the service if you do it this way.
  •  
mrralan

I just went into the Kerio web administration and right-clicked the user. I did not have the repair mailbox option.
I had an option to reindex mailbox, would that be it?
  •  
  •  
mrralan

So once I do that and my user goes back into Outlook, those missing emails plus all the others will show up?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Only if it was caused by corrupted message index. Then, after cleaning KOFF cache in Outlook, the messages should be synchronized to the client.
But if the messages are missing due to another reason then it will not help. Do you see the emails in Kerio Connect client?
  •  
mrralan

Yes, the messages are in the Kerio Connect client, just not in Outlook.
The user was having issues with the email hanging up the computer upon receiving emails, so I read that I could delete and recreate the profile.
Once the profile was recreated all of the emails did not come back to the Inbox. As far as the Inbox went back was 4/5/2013 and this user had emails in their Inbox from 2011.
I can log in to the kerio webmail client as that user and see the missing emails there.
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hi Rich,

Do you have antivirus enabled on this client?

If you have instant shield enabled in your antivirus, please put

'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Kerio' folder in your antivirus exceptions (so KOFF has no problems accessing the file 'STORE.FDB').

Let me know if it helps.

All the best.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Some features not working in certain browsers
Next Topic: Outlook 2010
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 18:50:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00652 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.