Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » No provisioning or firmware support for Snom PA1 (Despite being officially supported, these devices are not listed as options for managing firmware files or for auto-provisioning.)
  •  
blswjames

Send a private message to this user
Despite being officially supported, these devices are not listed as options for managing firmware files or for auto-provisioning.

If I select "Snom 300" from the drop-down menu, Kerio operator will allow me to use the device, but this is not a solution because the firmware files for a Snom PA1 are not the same as for the Snom 300.

This official statement from Kerio specifically lists the Snom PA1 as a supported device. Therefore, my expectation is that I can manage them just like a Snom 821 handset.

Is this a bug in Kerio Operator? Assuming yes, then are there any plans to address this before the end of June?

If this is intentionally left out for some reason, then how are other Snom PA1 users managing their endpoints through Kerio Operator?

Thanks!
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The Snom PA1 will work with Operator but needs to be configured manually. Sorry the PR text was not clear about that. It speaks about certified phones without explaining that certified is not the same thing as auto-provisioned.

The table with auto-provisioned models can be found at the technical specifications page.

Vladimir

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

If you're wondering how to upgrade firmware in the PA1, you can upload the firmware files directly to /var/tftp in Kerio Operator.

Filip
  •  
fishtech

I am using PA1 successfully for paging to horns in a warehouse.

Please post if you have any specific questions.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
blswjames

Filip, how does one go about uploading files to the /var/tftp directory? Do I just enable SSH then use sftp to transfer the file or what?

Fishtech, My scenario is similar to yours. I do already have the PA1 working fine and able to send overhead pages to the warehouse.

My gripe was more along the lines of not being able to auto-provision the device or push restarts or other dial plan changes automatically. I have to manually configure these devices whenever the dial plan changes, despite the fact that as far as provisioning is concerned, they are functionally identical to the Snom 821. (Which suggests that Operator theoretically could support it programmatically, and the UI itself, therefore, might be all that is blocking the desired functionality. But I am not a programmer working on the product, so I have no idea the real reason.)

Anyway, I would like to be able to have the firmware auto update via TFTP, just like other devices do. So if I can figure out how to upload the file to Operator and what to name it so that the PA1 endpoint can "see" it, then I'm golden.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Fri, 07 June 2013 01:12]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Yes, enable ssh and use scp to copy the files. Take a look at http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/server-configurat ion-kerio-operator/uploading-configuration-files-to-kerio-op erator-tftp-server-1014.html

Btw, I don't think that the PA1 event needs a dialplan. Does it ever dial anything? If it is on the receiving end, there is no need to resync it, etc.

Filip
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
I don't think that the PA1 event needs a dialplan. Does it ever dial anything? If it is on the receiving end, there is no need to resync it, etc.

my pa1 is like that. i set it up 18 months ago and forgot about it. it does not know anything about dial plan, or any other extns, and just receives when someone dials its extn..

ft.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 June 2013 15:49]

•  
blswjames

I guess you all are right.

I'd rather have auto-provisioning work for the majority of the phones rather than the one or two exceptions.

Although, the PA1 is used to dial quite often in some cases. The PA1 comes with a wiring kit that lets you customize its usefulness in so many ways. In our situation, we not only use it for overhead pages, but also for opening doors, doorbell pages, etc. Others might even use it more like a traditional phone device, I suppose, since you can attach DTMF pads, headsets, and other interface devices. We're not doing anything crazy though, so FWIW. Smile

Regardless, I now realize that it's easy enough to simply copy the information over from a working 821 phone that was previously auto-provisioned. Now that the dial plan has settled a bit, I don't suspect that it will ever change enough to warrant much reconfiguration.

I suppose that it even took more effort to write about it than it did to actually set it up.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: Status Queue problem
Next Topic: Route of outgoing calls
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:43:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.