Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » language C (C.UTF8) / language en (en_US.UTF8)
  •  
sfhn

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

in the error log, I got this message every 4 minutes:
Locale support for language en (en_US.UTF8) is not installed on the system: locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid

after installing en_US.UTF8 using dpkg-reconfigure locales, I get this error message every 4 minutes:
Locale support for language C (C.UTF8) is not installed on the system: locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid

language C is installed.

how can I get rid of this error message?

Thanks

Debian 6.0.7 - 64-Bit
KConnect 8.1.1

[Updated on: Wed, 05 June 2013 12:02]

•  
sfhn

Perhaps this helps others:

The above error I got after I restarted the SYSTEM and I got the error (language C...) until I restarted only Kerio Connect.

So now there are no new errors like this.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

sfhn wrote on Wed, 05 June 2013 11:59

how can I get rid of this error message?

By configuring correct system locales in Debian system. What's in /etc/default/locale ?
  •  
sfhn

The file includes:
# File generated by update-locale
#LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"
  •  
sfhn

but as I pointed out: this error will appear only after a system restart.

You get this error every 4 minutes until you do a kerio connect restart:
Locale support for language C (C.UTF8) is not installed on the system: locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid

So I think the system startup sequence might be the problem.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

sfhn wrote on Fri, 07 June 2013 08:49
The file includes:
# File generated by update-locale
#LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"

That's the problem. Please configure the system locales. See http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/software-appliance -linux/working-with-the-kerio-connect-virtual-appliance-debi an-edition-kerio-connect-73x-and-later-784.html chapter Modifying server locales
  •  
sfhn

ok, seems to work

many thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 07 June 2013 13:05]

Previous Topic: addresses from ldap?
Next Topic: CalDAV / CardDAV URLs
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:28:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00437 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.