Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » IPsec VPN client problem (ipsec client can't connect to ipsec vpn server)
  •  
informator

Send a private message to this user
Hello!
I was trying to configure IPsec VPN server
( http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/vpn/configuring-ip sec-vpn-1281.html)
with a Preshared Key.

I've followed the instruction very carefully and debug shows:

"[06/Jun/2013 10:39:46] {pppd} pppd[18358]: Peer xxx failed CHAP authentication"

I've checked "Save password in MS-CHAP v2 format" and changed my password to the simple one to avoid misspeling (authentication - local database).
Also made sure that MS-CHAP v2 authentication for IPsec VPN server is enabled.

So why can't I authenticate?

(Preshared keys match, also made them as simple as possible)

Regarding traffic rules - i've put one that passess everything from my cell phone (being in LAN behind NAT).

Please help:)
  •  
rjokl

This is very probably bug in Control. Either disable MS-CHAP v2 (on VPN server dialog) or wait to Kerio Control 8.0.2 (will be released next week) which fixes that.
  •  
MGyHardSoft

It doesn't even work with 8.1. The only way to make it work is to enable "Unsecured password (PAP)" in the Microsoft VPN Client - which does not make the user happy.

UPDATE: It does work on 8.1.1, I've just tried on two different servers. Give it a try...

[Updated on: Sun, 28 July 2013 01:35]

Rgrds - Gyula
Previous Topic: Kerio VPN Tunnel
Next Topic: Configuration changes reverted
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 07:51:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.