Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Suddenly iPhone Profile outgoing is not working. Incoming is fine (Outgoing server connection failed)
  •  
puretech

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I have a bizarre one: I changed the URL (A rec) for our Kerio Webmail (not mx) and for obvious reasons the iPhone profiles stopped working.

I then removed the profile, installed new a one but now outgoing is failing with the error: outgoing server conenction failed. However, the outgoing and incoming server are same with same dns.

I even tried updating KC 8.1 to 8.1.1 but still the same.

The outgoing address it shows is the same as incoming, which is fine. but i noticed, the profile makes the authentication type "password" and port 465.

Isn't it supposed to make authentication type MD5 digest or any other than "password" which i believe is plain?

If i try creating a simple imap profile, that works fine both incoming and outgoing, but of course with other authentication type than password.

Any help would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 June 2013 15:10]

•  
puretech

UPDATE:

Just to confirm, authentication type is the problem. I tried unabling "Plain" option on in advanced settings on Kerio Web console and the outgoing email worked on iphone.

We haven't enabled PLAIN authentication as it's not secure, so is there anything i can do so that when you click "set my phone" on webmail, it creates an iPhone profile with a different authentication type than "Plain" for outgoing smtp?

I can't change it on the phone itself because when I go to settings it says it's been set by profile and greyed out.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 June 2013 15:09]

•  
puretech

Could anyone be kind enough, who has got an iPhone set up with Kerio email profile, check their outgoing smtp settings and see what authentication do they have?

Surely if I have disabled "plain" authentication, the profile downloaded from the server should know not to use it?
  •  
puretech

I have tested it with the old version 7.4.3 which we were using before we set up most users on iPhone. This version works fine on iPhone. However, if you try to set up new users on KC8+, the outgoing authentication isnt working for us because it's using plain authentication instead of MD5 or others
Previous Topic: Unable to received email from multiple domains.
Next Topic: Inbox Oddity
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 18:49:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.