Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » addresses from ldap?
  •  
ahu

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

is it somehow possible in Kerio Connect to fill the Address information provided by CardDAV with the user information already in LDAP?
In our OpenDirectory we manage all users and also add their complete address informations.
In Kerio Connect we have every user authenticate by Kerberos. But their address information is always just their name and the email addresses we set in Kerio. I wish I could just have the CardDAV filled with all the users I have at LDAP.

Thanks for help
Andreas

[Updated on: Thu, 06 June 2013 17:28]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

If the users are mapped from Open Directory then all GAL contacts (in Public folders) contain all user information including picture. Automatically. There is no need to modify the contacts with some external client.
  •  
ahu

But as far as I know, when we map the users directly from directory, we also have to map the groups and nested groups are not possible. It's also not possible add other groups or emails manually that you need for mail but dont want to have them in our global directory and so on ...
EDIT: oh and I just tested that on our test server with the latest Connect version:
I removed my user, recreated it from Directory, added also a group just for fun, but if I take a look in my contacts, there is nothing synced in my contact, still just the three email addresses already provided with kerio, no picture, no IM, no address, no phone

EDIT2: okay sorry, it just took a while to sync the addresses, so thats all fine.. BUUUTTT after I created on our cloned kerio mailserver which is for testing some users from Directory, they suddenly appeared on our original Kerio mailserver as well and in the user database they are now twice! How does that come? Thats really not good!

[Updated on: Fri, 07 June 2013 14:03]

Previous Topic: automated groups for InstantMessaging
Next Topic: language C (C.UTF8) / language en (en_US.UTF8)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 17:41:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.