Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Instant Messaging LOG?
  •  
bruggles

Send a private message to this user
We are having some issues with our IM Module and I was curious to know where IM Connections would show up for troubleshooting.

It also would be nice to have a document about setting up DNS in a Windows based server.

Might there be a new IM Log added to the Admin Console to display these connections separately in an upcoming release? I also think the mail log should be split into a separate log for INBOUND and OUTBOUND

TIA
  •  
Vicky

Hi Bruggles,

You can enable instant messaging in the debug log of Kerio Connect. Also if you look inside the store folder for Kerio connect there is an XMPP folder which contains logs that you can go over if you wish.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
m.smitham

What does the XMPP folder log contain? Ours is currently 0 bytes after 3 people testing IM this morning.

We were looking for a centralised log of IM chat content (as we have a few rude users!)

[Updated on: Fri, 13 September 2013 12:40]

•  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

The log folder contains more detailed IM debug log (when enabled) - send/received messages are also logged, but with removed text content. The desired message archive (centralised log as you call it) doesn't exist, however it is planned for next release.

Cheers,
Tomas Skoda
  •  
m.smitham

Thank you Tomas. When is the next release due?
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Estimated release is in Q1/2014.
  •  
m.smitham

•  
CTX-TechProfessional

Any update on when this feature will make it to the stable/non-beta release?

I'm working on rolling IM out to my organization and REALLY would like logging of the conversations to be available before going live with it. I see KB articles that tout this feature in 8.3 but I see no news on when 8.3 might be out of beta and generally available (besides the above comment about possibly Q1/2014 which we're in the midst of or maybe past). I know estimates are just that, but an update would be nice as it helps planning of upgrades.

I know its been 7 months since the last update on this topic and I normally don't like reviving old/stale topics but it seemed like a better option than creating a new topic.

Thanks!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Estimated final release is in 4 week time frame.
Previous Topic: Find out mail client
Next Topic: Update Virtual Machine
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 01:01:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00536 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.