Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Control maximum speed
  •  
Piskota

Send a private message to this user
Hi All

What is the Hyper-V Appliance maximum interface speed?
I install a Windows Server in Hosting Provider, and the maximum download without Control ~800Mbit/s, with Control ~150Mbit/s.
When I enabled webfilter,intouson system,virus scan etc the max download speed ~30-40 Mbit/s
The phisical server has 2*XeonE5 (6/12 cores) and 32GB RAM.
I hosted the virtual appliance 4 core processors and 4GB RAM.

please help
  •  
silars

You are more likely running into another resource limitation than interface speed.

What is the CPU utilization of the appliance during these tests? What does System Center say about the VM stats?

I'm using ESXi 5.1 and easily get my full 90Mbps (30% CPU utilization) with Intrusion Protection on. No Cobion and no virus scanning.
  •  
Piskota

I check my hyper-v settings and when i disabled virtual machines queues the internet speed ~220Mbps
The cpu utilization with two virtual CPUs is 25% with Intrusion Protection and disabled virus scanning
when i stopped hyper-v and configure the server direct connect to the internet this my speedtest result:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2764969216.png

I see in the beta forum, the 8.0 version not support the hyper-v 2012 integration services, and the Control VM virtual network card run reduced mode.
Maybe thats the problem,I dont know

I hope the integration services problem fixed the next release.
  •  
silars

Nice connectivity. I'm jealous.

There are definitely some optimizations that are missed in a virtualized environment. If you are using Intel E5 chips, they apparently have some nice Network Processor features that enterprise VM routers (Vyatta, Cisco, Juniper, etc.) are making use of to get massive forwarding capabilities in baremetal configurations vs. VMs.

Perhaps Kerio has similar limitations.
Previous Topic: Multiple configs in Kerio VPN Client - Workaround for OS X
Next Topic: RDP Freeze on welcome screen when connecting through VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 03:50:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.