Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Inbox Oddity (Inbox does not show as Inbox in Outlook 2011)
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
We had a strange problem that required me to put a mail folder that I recovered to someone's folder on Kerio Connect server manually. Restarting the server manually did not make this folder visible in either Outlook 2011 or Mail.app. The folder did show up in the web interface and iOS Mail. On of the folders recovered was the old INBOX which I renamed.

This morning I shut down KC and deleted the _keriomapi_STORE folder and restarted KC. This fixed most problems but we have a new problem. On Outlook 2011 the INBOX shows up as a blank folder and not where the Inbox should be located. But it works at least. Inbox doesn't show any contents in Mail.app.

I have rebuilt the index for this user account a number of times. It seems that when it comes to IMAP the Inbox is not recognized as being the Inbox.

Any suggestion on my next step.

KC 7.4.3. build 7813 on Mac 10.6.8.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Generaly, manually changes to the store are not recommended.
Outlook 2011 depends on journal and such change is not recorded in journal. So you must delete .journal.db in mailbox, but it also requires creating new profile in Outlook (and also other journal-dependent clients, e.g. ActiveSync). After restart new journal is rebuilt and new folders are synchronized correctly.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: Suddenly iPhone Profile outgoing is not working. Incoming is fine
Next Topic: Recovery excluding disabled accounts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 22:30:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.