Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF and mobile users (DNS issues apparently)
  •  
MultiCam

Send a private message to this user
We recently upgraded to the most currently release 8.1.1 on a new server and everything is running well so far except we have a decent sized mobile workforce. We have remote users and also local users that travel a lot. One thing I am noticing is that users using Outlook with KOFF are running into issues when they are outside of our local network.. When they connect from Airport hotspots, or hotels etc, Outlook will be problematic and not connect reliably. As a test I have instructed the users to input Verizon's DNS servers 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 into their DNS server entries and that seems to clear up the issues. Has anyone else noticed anything similar. I have some Mac users using IMAP and their is no issue ever with DNS or even our ActiveSync users have no issues, its only with Outlook and KOFF.

•  
MultiCam

Send a private message to this user
We are still seeing connectivity issues with Kerio Offline Connector. All other protocols (IMAP, ActiveSync, Webmail etc) Work flawlessly, but Outlook using the Kerio Offline Connector fails to connect sometimes for long periods of time. Anyone else seeing this? My users rely heavily on Outlook and I cannot seem to nail this one down.

Doing some testing, as I stated above, I changed the DNS from whatever the ISP at the time designates to 4..2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1 and then it will connect instantly and work for a while. But then if the mobile user connects to another network somewhere else, it may not work, but yet iPhones ,Webmail etc still work fine.

How does KOFF deal with dns that changes frequently as in the case of mobile users?
Previous Topic: Reading of users from Microsoft Exchange failed
Next Topic: forwarding emails from outlook connector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 23:58:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00341 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.