Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Softphones not working
  •  
PPG

Send a private message to this user
Today i installed Operator and connected it with a SIP account Everything went fine. Then i installed the Kerio Softphone and it provisioned perfect. After thati wanted to install and congigure other softphones (on android), i tried 3CX, Zoiper and they just keep failing.

What am i overseeing?

Please help!
  •  
silars

Check to make sure you didn't get your IP blocked in Operator. I've had this happen a few times where I didn't have a SIP client configured properly. After 10 failures, it will block the IP. You can find this setting in the "Security" area. You can also see the blocked IPs there too.
  •  
PPG

Hello Silars,

Thanks for your response.

Ik already changed this setting to 100 because of the fact that one of the IP's got blocked. But this didn't solve the overall problem of not being able to connect other softphones.
  •  
silars

Do you have any messages in any of the logs pertaining to that client?
  •  
PPG

The clientCSipSimple doesn't have logs (as far as I can see).

The operator shows the following in the scurity log:
[09/Jun/2013 22:30:52] Asterisk: Authentication failed from host xx.xx.xxx.xxx (uri:<sip:[usr]<_at_>operator.xxxx.com>). Attempts: 8.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

The [usr] field should contain the sip account name. Most likely it is the extension number.

In addition, while adding an extension to the Kerio Softphone, it is automatically configured as encrypted. If you want to use it with other sw clients, you either need to:
1. Configure them with sip-tls
2. Revert back to plain sip by unchecking the "Encrypt communication" option on the "Advanced" tab of the "Edit Extension" dialogue.

Best
Filip

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2013 08:27]

Previous Topic: Snom phones exhibiting strange behavior
Next Topic: Kerio softphone not able to call contact on android phone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 14:53:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.