Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IM client that supports Video calling! (On Windows machines)
  •  
CarsonUK

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

Firstly, does the IM server on Kerio support video? We currently use Pidgin on Windows and iChat on Mac. iChat natively supports video calling but I can not for the life of me find a Windows alternative!

Anyone looked in to it? It seems there was not enough support for XMPP clients to support on Windows.

Currently using 8.1.1 x64 on a Windows 2008 r2 box.

Thanks,
Rob
  •  
  •  
CarsonUK

thanks for your message. I tried Gajim but couldn't get it to work (seemed like a Gajim bug rather than Kerio). The others I looked at only supported Video calling on Linux/Mac, but not Windows Sad
  •  
giampos

I'm looking for this since the Xmpp feauture is started.
The best I found (or the least worst) is Jitsi, but there aren't to much video settings and automatic brightness adjustment is bad.

Kerio also said that it take too much network connection, but I haven't check this.

But I think, the truth is......the best client is SKYPE !!! But unfortunately it does not support Xmpp !!
Previous Topic: Windows Server 2012 and Direct Access
Next Topic: Update Checker Email Notifications
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 14:05:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.