Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Printing layout (Problems with the print layout)
  •  
oscarm

Send a private message to this user
Hi

We recently upgraded our kerio system:

Version: 8.1.1 (1374)
Operativsystem: Windows Server 2003, x86
Hostnamn: mail.company.com

When we choose to print a mail from the web client there is a lot of spacing in the print layout.
What we used to print on one page with the old web client now takes 3 pages.

I have tried Google Chrome v27.0.1453.110m and Internet Explorer 10 with the same result.

If I switch to compatability mode Old WebClient the printing is fine.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Kind regards
/Oscar
  •  
ehnet

Hi,

exactly the same problem here. Browser independent (tested with Google Chrome 33.0.1750.152 and Firefox 28.0 both on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise). Old Webmail working fine.

Kerio: 8.2.3 (2453)
Server OS: Ubuntu 12.04, x86_64

regards
Flo
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi All

Sorry to hear you're having printing issues. I've been trying to reproduce any formatting issues with a variety of emails and Chrome and have been unable to get it to not print correctly.

Might be useful to know what content you are printing, and if it previews correct before printing.

If you are still having issues, can you raise this as a support ticket so we can investigate this.

Hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
ehnet

Hi,

the problem occurs with text. The spacing and the font look normal when you view the email in the preview or open the email in a new window by double-clicking on it (Both in old and new webmail).

I've attached two screenshots.

The first one shows the print preview when using the new webmail interface. The email takes 2 sheets of paper.

The second screenshot shows the print preview of the same email when using the old webmail interface. The exact same email now fits on 3/4 of one page.

It looks like it's a different font type (and font size) when you print from the new webmail.

regards
Flo

•  
Charles B

I have the same problem.
I can't reproduce, though, when just using webmail. If I compose a message in webmail and print it, it comes out fine, which is probably what Mark Price (Kerio) did.

However, If I compose the message in Outlook, and print it with webmail, then I get the extra blank lines between each line of text. It looks like Kerio changed the way new webmail interprets the email markup to do it differently from the old webmail, when converting it to display in a web browser (see the html samples below).

Both emails look the same when opened/viewed in Kerio new webmail, it is just the print (and the print-preview) that are different--The Outlook one printed with extra lines. In fact, I tried a couple other composition methods via Horde mail that printed OK. All 4 BTW looked the same in new and old webmail, but the Outlook composed message printed double lines in new webmail and printed fine when using the old webmail.

looking at the print source, composed in new webmail
<div>test test test test test test<br>Enter test test<br>Enter test test test <br><br>double enter test test<br></div>

Now, composed in Outlook, and printed in webmail:
<div class="mcntWordSection1"><p class="mcntMsoNormal"><span class="mcntGramE">test</span> <span class="mcntSpellE">test</span> <span class="mcntSpellE">test</span> <span class="mcntSpellE">test</span> <span class="mcntSpellE">test</span> <span class="mcntSpellE">test</span></p><p class="mcntMsoNormal">Enter test <span class="mcntSpellE">test</span></p><p class="mcntMsoNormal">Enter test <span class="mcntSpellE">test</span> <span class="mcntSpellE">test</span></p><p class="mcntMsoNormal">&nbsp;</p><p class="mcntMsoNormal"><span class="mcntGramE">double</span> enter test <span class="mcntSpellE">test</span></p></div>

and the same outlook composed message, but printed in old webmail
<div class="WordSection1"><p class="MsoNormal"><span class="GramE">test</span> <span class="SpellE">test</span> <span class="SpellE">test</span> <span class="SpellE">test</span> <span class="SpellE">test</span> <span class="SpellE">test</span></p><p class="MsoNormal">Enter test <span class="SpellE">test</span></p><p class="MsoNormal">Enter test <span class="SpellE">test</span> <span class="SpellE">test</span></p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span class="GramE">double</span> enter test <span class="SpellE">test</span></p></div>

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi All

Actually I printed out HTML mail that was sent in to me externally, not self generated email.

I do suggest raising this as a ticket so we can look at this in more detail please.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
enabors@saa.com

I see a similar problem.
This issue exists using chrome or IE (probably browser independent).

The email has html formatting in <style> tags. The content_type is text/html.

When viewing the email in the message pane or popup message view it looks properly formatted.
[img]./fa/3590/0/[/img]

When asking to print the email, I think the html <style> is dropped.
Printing the email looks like the print preview.
[img]./fa/3589/0/[/img]

I've tested printing this same email using thunderbird client and from chrome within yahoo.com email. Both these methods have no issue keeping the html <style> formatting on printout.

Will this be fixed?
Other email clients do not have this issue.

Previous Topic: Apple iCal grant access to groups
Next Topic: AD connection Server 2012
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 16:29:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00505 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.