Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » in-House Email Support Systems
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We have a number of individuals on the IT team.

We would like:

1. A single point of contact for user to report technology problems to the IT team... probably it<_at_>myco.com

2. All members of IT team should be able to see all reported problems.

3. Individual IT team members would pick-out and address specific problems reported by users.

4. Other IT team members would be able to see progress to completion, etc.

5. Team members can refer back to past cases for reference.

How are people doing this in Kerio Connect?

Shared IMAP folders? A single IMAP it account accessed by all users? An it account with forwarding set up?

What works well and what doesn't?

Thanks,

ft.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2013 17:51]

•  
MultiCam

We use a Public folder, and direct all emails to it<_at_>example.com to this folder. It is accessible by all members of our IT Team.
  •  
pcunix

I like public folders with an alias that delivers to it. I use this for sales people at some of my customers; same idea.

Someone who wants to take a call drags the message to their inbox, so now it's gone and nobody else has to worry about it. It's easy to extract those moves from the logs so a manager can see who is pulling their weight.

If that's too terse for some readers, I have a full writeup at http://aplawrence.com/Kerio/public_folder_as_group.html

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
fishtech

Part 4 is important to us.

Quote:

Many of our queries can continue over a number of days or weeks, and may involve long email conversations over multiple correspondence.

Using only a public inbox I don't see a way to track/share these conversations.

I should have included a part 5 also (edit: just added to original post):

We also have a turnover of staff so being able to refer back to past cases can be very useful.

Is anyone using public 'sent items' folders in a meaningful way? Or moving messages around after they have been sent to allow others to track them?

Thanks,

ft.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2013 17:53]

•  
puretech

We use alias and public folders. But if you want progress and completion etc. then probably look into something like Spiceworks. it's not an email server but for this IT Support tickets etc
  •  
dominic@cbx.com

I agree. It sounds like you're in need of a proper ticketing system such as Spiceworks/RT/OTRS and the like; any of which can be tied into email but which also offer better tracking, documentation and accountability than email alone can.
  •  
pcunix

fishtech wrote on Tue, 18 June 2013 11:51
Part 4 is important to us.

Quote:

Many of our queries can continue over a number of days or weeks, and may involve long email conversations over multiple correspondence.

Using only a public inbox I don't see a way to track/share these conversations.

I should have included a part 5 also (edit: just added to original post):

We also have a turnover of staff so being able to refer back to past cases can be very useful.

Is anyone using public 'sent items' folders in a meaningful way? Or moving messages around after they have been sent to allow others to track them?

Thanks,

ft.

Move the emails from the public incoming folder to another shared hierarchy by tech or customer?

[Updated on: Wed, 19 June 2013 11:37]

Tony Lawrence
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

I've seen it done by the way Tony describes.

Basically, when you set this up, set up an "IT<_at_>" public folder.

All messages to support are directed there by an alias.

During the setup, you also set up a folder per support person you have, as a sub-folder of the main public folder.

When a support person picks up the 'call', they drag the relevant email to their sub-folder of the main IT folder.

This means that everyone has full access to the history, because they can search within the public folders and all sub-folders, but a manager can see at a glance which someone has a ticket.

Alternatively, Samepage might help in this instance! Smile I'm aware of a couple of companies that are running a helpdesk as a Samepage instance.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
pcunix

And when the Samepage API gets released, that's the very first project I intend to work on!

Tony Lawrence
Previous Topic: Move Kerio connect from another machine
Next Topic: Free/Busy more than 2 month
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 04:58:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00526 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.