Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Admin Account (mail data delegation)
  •  
tiberius

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Recently i installed kerio connect trial. During migration i used the admin account to recover an migrate mail data for my users. Now i registered and activated it.
Now i activated the admin account and want to remove my admin user because the default admin user counts a license anyway...but, if I try to delete the admin user a window popup with the info that there are a lot of mail data assigned to this account - What? How i said i used the admin account to import mail data but i moved them all to public folders or shared them with users and deleted them from the admin. Public folders and recent share data counts on the origin user storage - In this scenario admin?

•  
fishtech

Quote:
a window popup with the info that there are a lot of mail data assigned to this account

what exactly does the message say?

thanks,

ft.
  •  
tiberius

Sry. i know, a bit confusing Wink

1. I used the admin account to recover and import old mails for my users; Imported into the admins mail account, moved to public folders so the users are able to move them to their mail account - After that this data is not accessable for admin but still counting the admin storage right?
1.1 If this is correct, how to assign the above described mail data to corresponding user - not admin?
  •  
willoneal

Select the user, in the list, click remove. Then select Move users message folder to an account of another user. Select the person to be responsible for this. Click OK.

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/accounts/creating-user-accounts-in-kerio-connect-1125.htm l
  •  
tiberius

Interesting - thx!
So in my case I delete the admin account and then I have to decide to which user the mail data should be assigned - right?
But it is not possible to do this selective for specific folders?

willoneal wrote on Tue, 25 June 2013 04:52
Select the user, in the list, click remove. Then select Move users message folder to an account of another user. Select the person to be responsible for this. Click OK.

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/accounts/creating-user-accounts-in-kerio-connect-1125.htm l

[Updated on: Tue, 25 June 2013 21:23]

•  
camisy

tiberius wrote on Tue, 25 June 2013 21:20
Interesting - thx!
So in my case I delete the admin account and then I have to decide to which user the mail data should be assigned - right?
But it is not possible to do this selective for specific folders?

willoneal wrote on Tue, 25 June 2013 04:52

No. Your messages will be shown as subfolders in the other users mailbox.
Previous Topic: Outlook 2010 Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) - Archive
Next Topic: Kerio Connect bug
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 21:00:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.