Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mailing list using groups
  •  
asagohan992

Send a private message to this user
Is there any way to set up an all<_at_>domain.com email address so that it sends emails to an Active Directory group?

I have found mailing lists, but I have to update each persons email manually within the list and I cannot add a group of users.

The problem will be when somebody leaves the company or when somebody new starts etc. I will have to update the user account in Active Directory AND remember to update their email in the correct mailing lists in Kerio.

I read in another post that they said to create a user account, and have it forward to a group email address which will then forward the email to users in the group. However, this means more licences because of the extra user accounts I need right?

Is there any other/better way to do this without having to buy more licences?
  •  
pcunix

This might work for you:

Create an alias that delivers to a public folder rather than to a mailbox. Share that folder with whomever you need to.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You can send an email to a group mapped from AD directly. Just import group from AD and assign an email address.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
asagohan992

Petr Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Sun, 16 June 2013 16:49
You can send an email to a group mapped from AD directly. Just import group from AD and assign an email address.

When I try this and try to send an email it tells me that the email address does not exist.
However it works when I use the same email address for a mailing list.
  •  
asagohan992

I found out that I had to change the users accounts to Active Directory accounts in Kerio (I had them set up as Kerio accounts with AD authentication).

Now my problem is that any external user can email all<_at_>domain.com. Is there any way to stop this? There is a setting on the group to only allow users in the group to receive messages from the same domain, but will this prevent users in the group from receiving external emails?
  •  
pcunix

Yes, there are ways to make it private. One is a mailing list (as you already know). Another is to use a Contact Group (nee Distribution List) and share it - perhaps in Public Folders to make it easier. Both are annoying to update.

Yet another way is to use a domain limited group with one user in it. That user forwards to whomever you want. That consumes a license and still requires you to update that forwarding as needed. A post at http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/13947/65142/#msg_65142 suggests forwarding to a randomly named group (your AD group) instead. It could also forward to a randomly name alias which delivers to a Public Folder.

None of these are ideal.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
Previous Topic: Kerio 8.1.0 and Google Calendar
Next Topic: some spam still slips through
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 08:37:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.