Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems after 8.1.1 Upgrade
  •  
themosttogain

Messages: 4
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
We recently updated our server to v8.1.1 and most of our client PC's updated the Offline connector software without any issues. Mine, however, didn't...and I can't for the life of me find an answer for it.

When it tried to update initially I got a KOFMSP.DLL error - at that point I was running (I believe) a 32bit installation of Office 2010 on a 64bit Win7 system. After reading through similar issues in the forum I made sure I was installing the version of the connector that matched the server, which I was...and also tried both the 32 and 64bit connector flavours.

Still without joy, I decided to remove Office altogether and reinstall the 64bit install thinking if everything was 64bit it might install properly. Alas not.

Every time I try to install or uninstall the connector I get the same 3 error messages:

Installing I get:
Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Kerio\Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)\DbServerPS.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your service personnel.

Same message repeats for 2 further DLL's,KofAddin.dll and RtfWrapperPS.dll.

Uninstalling I get the same message but Error 1905, and failed unregistering the same 3 files.

Then when starting Outlook i'm back to the same message I started with:

Cannot open your default e-mail folders. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service C:\Program Files\Kerio\Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)\KOFMSP.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.

I've had another go this morning at removing and reinstalling things, updating Office to the latest versions and trying again but still I get the same errors.

HELP!?

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2013 16:43]

  •  
Machete

Messages: 262
Karma: 5
Send a private message to this user
This sounds like a similar issue that I had - there was a single user regardless of what I did, Outlook refused to start and I consistently got the Cannot Open Default Folders message. If it's the same issue, Kerio identified it as a bug when I broke down and contacted support. Here is what they sent me:

Stop Kerio Connect and delete the __keriomapi__STORE folder (just for the user having the issue). Then empty the KOFF cache:

1. Close the users Outlook
2. Go to Start->Control Panel->Mail->Email Accounts->[KOFF account]->Repair
3. Then 'Empty Cache'
4. Start Outlook

Best regards,
Jeff Wadlow

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: GXQ-627018

NOTE: I am running 8.1.1

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2013 16:17]

  •  
themosttogain

Messages: 4
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
Still no joy!

I don't even have a store directory to delete, and have no repair function on the account either (I assume because I can't even get far enough to set up the account, let alone repair it).

Maybe I'd have had more luck with those instructions before I decided to remove and reinstall everything!

Thanks for the suggestion though, much appreciated!
  •  
Machete

Messages: 262
Karma: 5
Send a private message to this user
For clarification, the store directory to delete is on the server. I *think* it should exist as long as the user account exists on the server. I atleast see that folder for every user on my server in the message store.
  •  
themosttogain

Messages: 4
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
Ah...it is indeed. I've now deleted that but still stuck in the same hole.

Interestingly...I just tried manually registering the 3 dll's that fail but regardless of whether I use the 64bit version of regsvr32 or the 32bit version from the SysWOW64 folder I get the same error:

The module "DbServerPS.dll" may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.

  •  
Machete

Messages: 262
Karma: 5
Send a private message to this user
At this point, you may need to contact support (they identified this as a bug) - I had all the same symptoms you've reported and following that email that I posted, that solved this issue for me. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you.
  •  
themosttogain

Messages: 4
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
..probably because I went and removed all my software, my account and my mail profile in the course of following the advice I came across first!

If i'd started off with the instructions you posted when my account profile was still intact I might have been able to repair it with those steps.

Ho-hum...I'll get in touch with them and post the fix on this thread when i'm up and running again.

Thanks again for your responses!
Previous Topic: Mailbox Quota issues
Next Topic: Send a message to everyone?
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 06:37:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00467 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.