Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Developer Zone » API/SDK Writers » Create Contacts/Tasks (can I create Contacts/Tasks via an API)
  •  
Xaserx8

Send a private message to this user
Hello developers,
this is not really about the Administration API but I don't have anywhere else to go to.

I'm trying to import Persons and Tasks from our companys CRM-System.
I figuered out that I can't use the developer API since it only allows adminitrative changes so I guess i have to use the client API.
But I found a post somewhere in this forum where a Kerio-Developer postet this:

"(...) there is no documentation available about client API but you can download Kerio Connect beta and use a browser developer tool (...) to see JSON-RPC API calls in POSTs."

The application I developed so far overrides the EML-files inside the filestructure of the webserver. The problem with this is that Kerio does not recognize changes made to these contacts/tasks.
My collegues and customers only use Outlook as a userinterface and synchronize it via the Kerio-Outlook-Connector (KOC). But since Kerio does not recognize any changes nothing will be synchronized.
It works relativly well with the Kerio webinterface.
To synchronize these contacts/tasks I have to open every single one in the kerio webinterface and select "save and exit".

Now I wanted to try letting the kerio webserver create these contacts/task over the non documented client API.

The Kerio support was unable to help and referred me to this developer forum.

Can anyone tell me if the KOC would synchronize contacts/tasks this way.
Has anybody an excample JSON post for this.

I would also appreciate new ideas for solving that problem.

I might add that I'm not familiar with JSON besides what was written in the administration API documentary.
I downloaded Firebug for firefox to see the post for creating contacts but when i click the "save and exit"-button the firefox console closes with the contact-window. But I might do something wrong here.

Thanks for reading.
Help me developers you're my only hope.

•  
macti

DON'T DON'T DON'T modify the eml files directly, this is a disaster waiting to happen!

Use CardDAV to manage contacts, CalDAV to manage calendars and tasks and IMAP for emails. If you are using Java, use ical4j-connector for CalDAV and CardDAV, and JavaMail for IMAP. For PHP, I think some CalDAV clients exists (see caldav.calconnect.org).
  •  
chrwei

caldav's the way to go if there's libraries for it.

for the JSON, are you using the classic interface? the new interface does not open contacts in new windows and should be easier to trace.
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Hi Fabian,
to be someone's last hope is my favorite sport, lol. Smile

Option A (Java)
If Kerio would provide a Java CalDAV/CardDAV library for Kerio Connect, is it usable for you?

Option B (PHP)
The Kerio Connect client contains a JSON API which could be used for this purpose. Please note that the API in progress is still not officially supported and is currently under development. Functionality might not be fully verified, documented, or even supported.

Let me know which direction you would prefer and let me know.

PS: Of course, we don't support even recommend (!!) modify the eml files directly. Please don't do it.

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
macti

You already have a CalDAV/CardDAV library for Java?? Well, I would like to get a copy so I don't have to work on adding features to ical4j-connector anymore Smile
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

macti wrote on Tue, 18 June 2013 15:22
You already have a CalDAV/CardDAV library for Java?? Well, I would like to get a copy so I don't have to work on adding features to ical4j-connector anymore Smile

Kerio supports young students and open source projects for a long time. Recently, in cooperation with one team we have completed an initial version of a library in Java for CalDAV and CardDAV protocols, based on ical4j. This library is intended for Kerio Connect.

I will share the link with you once it is pushed to the main repository.

Of course, if you later decide to contribute in the form of patches, you are mostly welcome. Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 19 June 2013 07:34]

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
Xaserx8

Thank you for your help so far and sorry for my absence. I have been busy at work the last days.

I have already figured out that i cant manipulate the eml-files directly. It was just my first try.

I'm not sure if i can use caldav and carddav.
The synchronization has to work both ways. That means that if you change something in our crm-system it should synchronize with the kerio webserver and the webserver with outlook.
But if you change something in outlook it has to synchronize with the webserver too, which should synchronize with the crm-system.

I already tried to synchronize outlook via caldav & carddav and in this case i could only synchronize outlook with the kerio webserver but not the webserver with outlook.
Did I do something wrong here?

I havent found a way yet to import data into the kerio webserve via caldav/carddav.
Does this option exist? And would it work both ways?

If so I guess it would be the safer way since the Kerio-client API could be changed in the future.

Otherwise I would try to use the client api.
(Tanks for the tipp with the new interface for tracing posts i will take a look at it)

Thanks for your help so far. You already helped me out a lot.
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

•  
Xaserx8

Thank you Miroslav Osladil.

That's precisely the solution i was looking for.
Haven't found this until now.

Looks like my problem is solved.

Just have to figure out how to assign a contact/task to his equivalent in our system.
But I think I can figure that out on my own (UniqueID or something).

[Updated on: Fri, 21 June 2013 15:54]

•  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

I assume that not everything has to work in this initial version but we plan to improve in the future.

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

Previous Topic: APIs in FileMaker Pro 12
Next Topic: Editing public address book in Kerio connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 19:12:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00513 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.