Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Calendar- location field missing info (User puts in location with comma. Others viewing see nothing after comma)
  •  
miker789

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect 7.4.3 (yes I know 8.1.1 is out, waiting for it to be rock solid)
Mac OS 10.7.5 Server (soon to be 10.8.4 server)

Mac Clients OS 10.8.3 & 10.8.4
iMac Intel Core i5

User creates a new event in their own calendar. In the location field an address is entered, "ACME Co, 1234 Holly Drive". After they are finished editing, they click Done.
They view it and all the info is there.
Someone else goes to view their calendar and all appears fine except they only see "ACME Co" in the location field. Anything after the comma including the comma is gone.

This has the nasty problem of a secretary that is a delegate for her boss. If she creates her bosses meetings, the secretary sees the complete location but her boss experiences the missing info problem. If the boss creates the meetings then the secretary experiences the issue.

If I log into Web Mail all the info is there.
If I use iCal on an older iMac running OS 10.6.8 all the info is there.

If the comma is deleted and a dash is put in, then all is well.

So for the moment OS 10.8.x appears to have introduced a bug in this field. I really don't want to tell people not to use commas in a field that should contain addresses.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Mike
  •  
Vicky

Send a private message to this user
Hi Miker789,

I have looked into this issue and it is a bug in Kerio Connect 7 and this was fixed in 8.0. So once you can upgrade the customers instance this should correct the problem. Until the server can be upgraded the only work around is to not use commas in the location field (which is not ideal but it is the only workaround).

I hope this helps,
Vicky
Previous Topic: Calendar- Deleted events log or audit trail
Next Topic: Move Kerio connect from another machine
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 18:36:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.