Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Operator Losing SIP trunk (Incoming calls do not end up on Operator after inactivity)
  •  
SBMT

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I have Operator 2.1.2 build 1832 with two interfaces.

One interface faces my Voip provider, and has a private IP 192.168.143.x
The other interface is an internal network interface where all the phones are connected, and is running on 192.168.50.x

I have a persistent route to pass traffic to the IPs of my SIP provider through the 192.168.143.x interface.

Everything works ok for a few minutes, and then incoming calls do not arrive anymore on Operator, until someone from inside makes an external call and the incoming calls start working again.

A few minutes without activity, and incoming calls stop working again. I have seen some posts when some firewalls are between Operator and the SIP provider, but in my case, there is none because the interface to my SIP provider is on a private network to my SIP provider and not behind a firewall.

Is there a way to sort this out through operator, or is it a case where the SIP provider has to make changes from his end to "accommodate" Kerio Operator (something unlikely, or rather difficult).

Anyone seen this behavior by any chance?

Thanks,
Stefan

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2013 16:41]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

It sounds like the registration expires for some reason. Perhaps some packets are sent through a wrong interface. You might need to play with the NAT settings a bit. Unfortunately, I can't say exactly what to change.

I would try to configure the public IP address correctly and modify the local address range to include the 192.168.143.x network. Try including it and excluding it as well.

If you don't succeed, I can take a look at your configuration. I would need you to:
1. Enable debug logs:
- Asterisk
- Asterisk (detailed)
- SIP
2. Start the packet sniffer.
3. Force asterisk to re-register by going into "System Health" and selecting "Restart Telephony" from the drop-down menu at the bottom.
4. Wait a few minutes so that the registration gets lost.
5. Make an inbound call to demonstrate that it doesn't work.
6. Stop the packet sniffer.
7. Email the debug log, a support info file (link at the bottom of the "System Health" screen) and the packet dump to fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com.

Best
Filip
  •  
Christer

If this issue was resolved I'm very interested in the solution since we're having the sam (or similar) problem.
Previous Topic: what todo with the Polycom "spider"
Next Topic: Certain extensions to use certain outbound routes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:40:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.