Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » No logs on our KC server or bounce messages to sender for incoming SMTP size limits? (Sender or Receiver not aware if the email was sent or not.)
  •  
puretech

Send a private message to this user
We had a customer complaining we are not replying to his emails and upon many troubleshoot trials I thought let me try sending a large file from external email provider to our domain, just to see if i will get any bounce back message or if i can see it in the log somewhere that tells incoming mail was rejected because of the size. But to my surprise, I have not received any bounce back message (as a sender) and no logs anywhere (as a recipient)

My question is: isn't it important to have at least a log if not an error message to the sender about the limit?

Or do I need to enable it from somewhere i can't see?

Edit: we are using
KC 8.1.1 (1374)
Windows Server 2008 R2, x86_64

[Updated on: Wed, 26 June 2013 11:29]

•  
Charles B

It shows up in my Warning log, example: "[24/Jun/2013 14:34:06] SMTP message too big (size 29302396 bytes, maximum 20971520 bytes). Message from" etc...

I don't recall ever having to set any rules or checkboxes to make it do so, it has always been there as long as I can recall. The sender gets a bounce message too.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
puretech

Thanks Charles, is this error message for outgoing or incoming?

I know there are for outgoings because we have set domain outgoing send limits for users. So the error for that is like this:
Quote:
[03/Jun/2013 09:43:11] Message from <xxx@xx> is too big: maximum 16777216 bytes (see user/domain limit)

If you are talking about incoming size limit message, then I am not getting it.

Could someone with the same KC version check this for me please? Just to see if it is a bug in the version? KC version 8.1.1

Thanks
  •  
zebby

We're using 8.1.1 and everything is working as normal.
The entry rejecting the message is logged in the warning log and the sender gets a notification
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

user<_at_>yourdomain.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
 Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain yourdomain.com by mail.yourdomain.com.

The error that the other server returned was:
 552 5.3.4 Message too big (maximum 15728640 bytes)

•  
Charles B

puretech wrote on Thu, 27 June 2013 02:23
Thanks Charles, is this error message for outgoing or incoming?

The example I posted is incoming. As in from an external mail server.
I'm running version 8.1.1.

Internal/outgoing warnings don't include the message size, and look like this (exactly as yours do):
[21/Jun/2013 11:21:37] Message from <user<_at_>CharlesB.com> is too big: maximum 5242880 bytes (see user/domain limit)

Have you double checked your server maximum setting? ( Configuration > SMTP Server > Security Options > "Limit maximum incoming SMTP message size to: ")

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
puretech

Thanks a lot Zebby and Charles B.

I will test it again and maybe try to re-install it again on a development and see.
Previous Topic: 2 Domains, 1 Global public folders. Public works fine for 1 but not 2nd
Next Topic: Moving KC to a new server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 15:10:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00880 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.