Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Fax Server (Receive Problem)
  •  
moddix

Send a private message to this user
Hello i have a Problem with my kerio Operator.

I like a fax recive then he Brakes by Error : Disconnected after permitted retries

thanks for helping
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The error message says it all. In other words, the fax handshake failed. Since you provided no information about your environment, the generic recommendation it to check what codec is used. If using an ATA device, set it to use T.38. Also ask your SIP about the T.38 support.

Vladimir
  •  
moddix

Fax over IP mit T.38 Protokoll

sipcall unterstützt den Versand von Fax nach dem T.38 Standard. Die Verwendung des neuen T.38-Protokolls garantiert dabei eine zuverlässige Übertragung von Fax im professionellen Umfeld.

Faxe können bei guter Verbindungsqualität auch über den Sprach-Codec G.711 übertragen werden, welchen alle Adapter unterstützen. Eine jederzeit zuverlässige Übertragung in hoher Geschwindigkeit ist jedoch nur mit dem Fax over IP Protokoll T.38 möglich.

Provider is ready!!
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

You should use the packet sniffer to see if the T.38 is really used. If you have a fax machine connected to an ATA, you need the ATA to support T.38 as well.

Vladimir
  •  
moddix

Hello,

The fax communicate whit T.38. The connection time is every for 28 sec.

Error:
[16/Jul/2013 15:39:17] Failed to receive fax from xxx to 87. Reason: "Disconnected after permitted retries" [FAILED].
[16/Jul/2013 15:42:04] Failed to receive fax from xxx to 87. Reason: "Disconnected after permitted retries" [FAILED].
[16/Jul/2013 15:42:52] Failed to receive fax from xxx to 87. Reason: "Disconnected after permitted retries" [FAILED].
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

in order to help you, I would need the following information.

1. Enable debug logs: Asterisk, Asterisk(detailed), SIP
2. Start a packet sniffer
3. Reproduce the issue (send a fax to ext 87)
4. Create a support info file (click a link at the bottom of the System Health screen).
5. Email debug logs, packet dump and the support info file to fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com

Best
Filip
  •  
moddix

ok, thanks.

He's the Status mail by the Client:
Hello,

Your fax message for "xxx" could not be transmitted.

Reason: The call dropped prematurely
  •  
Piskota

Hi

What is the solution? I trie recive fax,but the operator dont recive fax.
The fax communicate with T.38 and the connection time disconnect everi 28sec

ERROR LOG:
Failed to receive fax from xxx to 87. Reason: "Disconnected after permitted retries" [FAILED].

pelase help
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Piskota,

can you please follow the five steps in the comment above and email the files to me? I might be able to find out more information.

Best
Filip
Previous Topic: advanced fax routing
Next Topic: Auto attendant question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 07:23:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.