Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Managing large installations
  •  
aktech

Send a private message to this user
When we first went with Kerio years ago, we had maybe 10 or 20 users, max. Now, we're up to 120 licenses with users spanning several networks and locations. One thing that has become a real headache is Kerio doesn't seem to have any way of remotely, or automatically, maintaining the Offline Connector at various workstations.

Having to go physically go to every workstation any time I need to empty the Kerio cache is not a good option. Are there any tools hidden away somewhere that allow for a more professional level of administration, or is Kerio designed with very small businesses in mind only?
  •  
BudDurland

I guess I'd be more worried about why you have to empty the cache so often. We have about 250 users over two sites, and only have to do this for a user 2 or 3 times a year. If it's a common dilemma, you probably should put together some simple instructions and let user's do it on their own.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
aktech

We don't have to do it that frequently, but it does seem like around 2 or 3 times a year is about accurate for us. The most recent reason was changing the public folders to global. I think before that was when we upgraded to 8.1 earlier this year.

There's a couple of things that make it worse for me. The first is that I have to log in to each persons domain profile to do it, which means I can't do it after hours without resetting or asking for passwords, neither of which is really fun to do on a large-scale.

The second thing is that the Outlook spam reminding people that the something is wrong, for example the public folders changed to global, is non-stop and constant. It would be one thing to get an email every few hours, but it's entirely different when it's straight up spam. And as far as I can tell, I have no control over how often the server sends it out, so I'm guessing it's just built into the offline connector itself.

And yeah, I'd love for users to be able to handle it all themselves, but the reality is that most of these guys don't have the time and don't want to deal with the stress of even having to do something like emptying the cache in the first place.

Honestly, it can't be that hard to add some basic functionality to the offline connector to facilitate this for people. Something like a new button or ribbon tab that has an "Empty Cache" button right there, or a prompt when Outlook is opened that says "Some problems were detected, do you want to empty the cache to resolve them?" and let them do it that way.
Previous Topic: Warning Logs: Instant Messaging [external]: Domain event processing failed
Next Topic: 2 Domains, 1 Global public folders. Public works fine for 1 but not 2nd
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 23:57:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.